car insurance rant
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: car insurance rant

car insurance rant

The insurance is due for renewal on my car soon - as soon as the customer service agent learns that you are in IT, they seem to want more money! Assuming more money means higher risk...

Hi there,

Well, that's called discrimination.

Ju Leon...
    Otaku Anime Network
    http://www.otakuanime.com/

Guardian Of The Sailor Scouts Universe
    http://www.guardiansenshi.net/

The Sailor Scouts Gallery
    http://www.kawaiisenshi.com/

Bah, the latest here is to check your credit..if your credit isn't 100% perfect, it goes up about 25%...the reasoning is...those with bad credit have more fraudulent claims...so....since I went thru a divorce a couple years ago and had a few rough months I'm now screwed. They don't even take into consideration your payment history (which I've NEVER missed a pmt or been late) or your claim history (1 claim since I've been driving in the last 17 years)....

What a crock of $hit!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster Creator
    Bah, the latest here is to check your credit..if your credit isn't 100% perfect, it goes up about 25%...the reasoning is...those with bad credit have more fraudulent claims...so....since I went thru a divorce a couple years ago and had a few rough months I'm now screwed. They don't even take into consideration your payment history (which I've NEVER missed a pmt or been late) or your claim history (1 claim since I've been driving in the last 17 years)....

What a crock of $hit!!!!!
    Went thru something similar,, But Good New,, I Just saved a bundle on my car insurance HEHE,,
    All kidding aside,,, SWITCH Companys,,, Its amazeing how much you can save going thru a smaller agent,,,
    Saved us over $500 per 6 months on our 6 cars.
    trout

So, I have to ask... what does everyone pay for insurance on their cars.

I'm 23 and my wife is 22... our cars are a 2001 Altima (with a lein holder) and a 1997 Geo Prizm (paid for), respectively and we are paying ~ $130 a month.

For our ages, this really isn't terrible. We have a local agent through State Farm and we couldn't be happier. My wife has had two "hit and runs" (bastards) and one that went on her record as her fault (she admitted it was her fault just because she was terrified from the accident) even though it wasn't. Our agent has always told us go wherever you want and don't worry about how much more expensive they are than others... they've really been great. We have our home owners through them as well.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Single White Male 25 seeks car Insurance for less than $1350 per year.

That's how much I pay with one accident on my record. AND it just went down because of my age. AND I switched to a new company to get it even lower. AND if I was a woman I'd only have to pay $1150.

Banned
    Single White Male ain't leavin USAA no way, no how.

single jewish male

SJM seeks car insurance for less than $3500.....i hate honda insurance
    RCVC (Russian Certified Vodka Drinker), Meathead+

Thought mine was high, guess not.

2001 Toyota Echo being paid off by 34 yr old male. 1700. per year.

Darkhorse, there are some good deals to be had online these days. We change our insurer most years to keep the cost right down. It also helps to have a cheap pile of crap worth less than £1500!!
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Male, 26 and $155 per month for my 91 Landcruiser and 95 Ford F250 4x4 thru State Farm. 1 ticket in 10 years.
    Last edited by Budd; January 12th, 2004 at 01:21 PM.
    take care and tempt not the fates

98 kia sephia (lien) 97 ford aspire (paid for)
    full coverage on the sephia and liability on the aspire
    $89 a month for a total of around $1100 for both cars
    29 year old married father of 1
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

damn car insurance is expensive in the states! For my 7 seater Honda Shuttle, I pay £355 - fully comprehensive, legal, and courtesy etc etc... the car is worth $15,000 now and my insurance is what... $550 a year.

My stepdaughter who is 22 pays $800 a year for her Peugot 205 again, fully comprehensive.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    damn car insurance is expensive in the states! For my 7 seater Honda Shuttle, I pay £355 - fully comprehensive, legal, and courtesy etc etc... the car is worth $15,000 now and my insurance is what... $550 a year.

My stepdaughter who is 22 pays $800 a year for her Peugot 205 again, fully comprehensive.
    Insurance isn't really bad unless you are single and male. My sister who has 3 years less driving experience (the same amount younger), an at-fault accident that totaled her car, and a car she is still making payments on gets her insurance 25% cheaper than me. I'm happy to know a penis counts more against you than an accident.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Full coverage on a Chrysler Town and Country (03) and full on a Ford Ranger (98) about $120 a month......The multicar discount helped alot when it went up so much, kinda brought it back down to where I thought it should be!!!!