send to e-mail as attachment is missing
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: send to e-mail as attachment is missing

send to e-mail as attachment is missing

hey..

you all know the option to send a document as an e-mail attachment in word, right ??

i had win xp with office 2003 and using word it was very easy.go to file->send to->e-mail (attachment)..

i just did a clean install of win xp and installed office 2003.

this command is now missing from word 2003 ...

i uninstalled and reinstalled and still the problem exist,

what can i do to fix it ??

Are you using one of the following for email?
    To use this procedure, you must be using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Exchange, or any 32-bit e-mail program compatible with the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI
    Turn word on or off as your default email editor

1. Switch to Microsoft Outlook.
    2. From the main Outlook window, click Options on the Tools menu, and then click the Mail Format tab.
    3. Select or clear the Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box.
    Last edited by Archer; January 11th, 2004 at 05:59 PM.

i'm using microsoft outlok express and i cant find the Mail Format tab that is referred to under Options ->Tools .

help...

Registered User The Computer Valet's Avatar
    But... but.... Office 2003 has nothing whatever to do with Outlook Express. If you're using OUTLOOK 2003, that's another story.

Which is it?
    Cheers,

The Computer Valet
    Mike Whalen

that's what i thought....!!!

i do NOT have microsoft outlook installed.

i use outlook express and i installed word\excel\powerpoint 2003.

both word and excel don't have the option to send as email attachment.

for some reason powerpoint can send as an attachment but i need word to have this option !!

people....please !!

Unhappy

Have you tried this:
    E-mail a document as an attachment

1. <LI class=LPROC>Open or create the document that you want to e-mail as an attachment.

<LI class=LPROC>On the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Mail Recipient (as Attachment). If you don’t see the Mail Recipient (as Attachment) menu item, do the following: On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab. Select the Mail as attachment check box, and then click OK. Then repeat step 2.

<LI class=LPROC>In the To and Cc boxes, enter recipient names separated by semicolons. To select recipient names from a list, click the To or Cc buttons.

<LI class=LPROC>By default, the document’s name appears in the Subject box. If you want, you can type your own subject name.

<LI class=LPROC>If you want, you can include an additional file and set e-mail options.
    2. Click Send [img]mk:@MSITStore:F:Microsoft%20OfficeOffice1033wdmain 9.chm::/html/images/0363.bmp[/img].
    Note If you e-mail a Web page as an attachment, it's automatically converted to Microsoft Word format (.doc). If you want to preserve the HTML format, you can e-mail the Web page itself.

"..If you don’t see the Mail Recipient (as Attachment) menu item, do the following: On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab. Select the Mail as attachment check box, and then click OK..."

well...this option was already selected and STILL the option to send to a mail recipient is missing...that is my problem...!

i tried to deselect and reselect the Mail as attachment check box..but that didn't help..

Don't know if its still there in 2k3, but in older versions of word there was a "mail as attachment" check box under tools/options/general. (I don't see it in excel or powerpoint.)

Check under tools/option/programs in IE that Outlook Express is your default email program.

Also, check the "SendTo" folder in the profile folder for your user name. One of the items should be "Mail Recipient". I believe this is added by Windows, not Office. This fix http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;182378 is old but it may work in xp.

hey hudsonsmith..

if you'll notice ,i already tried to check the "mail as attachment" check box in word and that didn't help -> in word/file/send to - the send to mail recipient as attachment option is MISSING.

the article you referred me to is not relevant because it deals with EXPLORER's option to send to mail recipient as attachment ,not WORD...

my problem is with WORD.

outlook express is my default mail program.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan
    hey hudsonsmith..

if you'll notice ,i already tried to check the "mail as attachment" check box in word and that didn't help -> in word/file/send to - the send to mail recipient as attachment option is MISSING.

the article you referred me to is not relevant because it deals with EXPLORER's option to send to mail recipient as attachment ,not WORD...

my problem is with WORD.

Try this Vulcan (btw: we ARE trying)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;290797
    It applies to Office 2K, but...perhaps? And, I am still looking, in fact I guess I'll install Office 2k3 today to have a look see.
    Last edited by TripleRLtd; January 20th, 2004 at 08:43 AM.

i know you are trying and i'm greatfull for that..

i already tried that microsoft article and it didn't help ..

(could be because it is applied for OE 5.xx and win 98 or win 2k as the article suggests)

in a different microsoft article i came across a similar problem for offfice 2000 with a solution that states that this problem was resolved with service pack 2 etc...

since i'm using word 2003 ,i can't find a solution for the 2003 application ..only for earlier ones!!..

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan
    hey hudsonsmith..

my problem is with WORD.

I understand that your problem is with WORD, not EXPLORER. You don't seem to understand that WORD will not install the mail as attachment option if it doesn't detect a MAPI mailer in WINDOWS. Hence my question - does "Mail Recipient" appear as an item in the SendTo folder for your user profile?

yes hudsonsmith , Mail Recipient appears in my send to folder and in explorer it works fine....

sorry for not understanding you.

now that we confirmed the existence of the mail recipient in my send to folder..what is next ??