send to e-mail as attachment is missing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: send to e-mail as attachment is missing

Try this: Under tools/customize, go to the commands tab. Under the File command, you should have listed both "Mail Recipient" and "Mail Recipient (as Attachment)" You should be able to drag and drop these to the File menu under Send To, or whereever else you want to put them.

I know you said this was a clean install of xp. Did you install sp1? You could also try repairing or reinstalling outlook express. See this link for doing this in xp http://support.microsoft.com/default...78&Product=oex

i already dragged and dropped the send as attachment icon and is always grayed out ...i can't activate it.

it is a clean install and sp1 is installed along with all the updates from windows update (the critical updates).

Smile Word 2000 send a smail missing solution

Hi, I have had this problem for about a year until I came upon this thread. I am happy that I found a solution that is working for me.

I went to Microsoft and found this
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/249786

I followed the instructions below. I selected run win.ini, did a find on mail and saw I allready had :

[Mail]
    MAPI=1

I pasted the next six lines listed below, saved win.ini and I am back in the word email business! I restarted word but did not have to reboot. I hope it works for you.

Method 1
    Add the following entry into the Win.ini file (by using either the plain text editor or the Sysedit utility), under the Mail heading. Some lines may exist, but all are needed for this feature. After you add these lines, reboot your computer:

[Mail]
    MAPI=1
    CMC=1
    CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
    CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
    MAPIX=1
    MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
    OLEMessaging=1

Welcome to WinDrivers dave f. This is a rather old topic, but if the Office 2000 solution can also work for Office 2003, then that may help someone else too.

Have you checked Internet Options/Programs and ensured Outlook express is default email program?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834008/en-us

This is how I solved the issue...!

I fixed this problem by opening the Control Toolbox and entering Design Mode> Then opened properties> and changed ‘Has Routing Slip’ to "False".

Send to mail recipient as attachment then reappeared in the ‘Send To’ options.

FYI I done this in MS Word.

Regards

Tim Smith-Gauvin