Fastest Processor my A7V133 will take ?

Thread: Fastest Processor my A7V133 will take ?

Post Fastest Processor my A7V133 will take ?

Anyone know for certain what is the fastest Athlon this board will take, I know that PC Pro magazine thinks it is 1.2G and they are usually spot on BUT
    "A guy down the market" seems to think that a BIOS flash will enable me to take up to 1.5 and more
    Any takers ??

I didn't make the board (I don't own one, either), so I couldn't tell you a whole lot about its tolerances. What I can tell you is that a friend of a friend has a 1.2 running at 1.466 on that very board. How? I wish I knew.

Mustang

look here for information from the manufacturer pertaining to this board
    copied from asus website A7V133 (ATX)
    Now support AMDŽ DuronTM / AthlonTM 550MHz ~ 1GHz+ CPU, 4 PCI, 1 PCI/AMR shared, 3x PC133/VC133 SDRAM/VCM, AGP Pro/4X, Stepless Frequency Selection, PC Health Monitoring and optional AC ' 97 Audio plus RAID 0.

I have that board, and the new BIOS (v1004), as far as I know you can set the FSB to 133 and up the multiplier all the way to 12, but you will need a LOT of cooling power to break 1.2GHz. For all I know you could probably squeeze 1.5 but I'm not sure...
    Believe me...Fixing up Windows is a lot harder that healing any illneses...

Thumbs up

I have that board running a Tbird [email protected] (10.5x133) with a Vantec heatsink (lapped). I think the chip could go even further but the RAM (not the best quality) is holding it back.

Thumbs up

The A7V133 does work with the 1.33 266 "c" CPU shame it dont have ddr memory support. Nice board but like the man said above watch the heat, depends on the case etc but I've seen this cpu at 58o in a well cooled case (3 case fans) with a coolermaster hs using artic silver 2! hotter than I'd like but fast as f...!
    "box it up and send it back before you hurt yourself"

I have a proper toolkit now complete with a little torch!!!

here's a wild idea, check the asus website, ithe lastest revision of the board supports 266 fsb which currently tops out at 1.33GHz but is still developing faster speeds

Originally posted by hookygear:
    Anyone know for certain what is the fastest Athlon this board will take, I know that PC Pro magazine thinks it is 1.2G and they are usually spot on BUT
    "A guy down the market" seems to think that a BIOS flash will enable me to take up to 1.5 and more
    Any takers ??

littleport(don't ask), ely, cambridgeshire

1.2 gigahertz by current tech. upgradeable to 2 gigahertz in the future.
    you installed windows didn't you?
    i told you if you put windows on your have problems...

Originally posted by hookygear:
    Any takers ??
    I built one a few weeks back using a 1.3 GHz/ "B" model....worked fine at auto-detect 13x mult, even though BIOS only listed up thru 12.5x as options. It also ran fine at 10x133, 10.5 x133, and 10.5 x 138 at default core voltage. Nice board!

asus makes stable boards though their jumperfree bios/mbs are at times not at par with suggestive logic. the kt133a chipset on the a7v133 is a mb that could have defied time, if it only weren't for natural evolution and obsoletion!http://www.overclockers.com often has articles or postings of technological user feats, ie water cooled athlon running over 2GHz etc!