Another word Game ...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another word Game ...

Another word Game ...

Okay so the guy who's working with me this week makes up words all the time, he even believes they are real - he's more confus-ed than I am so he's utterly convincing, he really does believe his 'own publicity'

He's had me reaching for the dictionary though a few times...

So I thought here's a game

So try & invent as many convincing words as you can, with their meanings.

Banned
    I don't know what you are talking about, embiggens is a perfectly cromulant word.

from a six 1/2 year old boy perspective

When he says "ok", it means the next day.
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

That's a fantabulistic idea Ed.

Microshafted ... messed up by something dumb

I'm just going to post this now before anyone else does.

Meaning of Liff

SMEARISARY (n.)

The correct name for a junior apprentice greengrocer whose main duty is to arrange the fruit so that the bad side is underneath. From the name of a character not in Dickens.
    Hours of fun from Douglas Adams.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I was having this discussion with my mother in law a week or two ago. She lives in Germany and teaches english to German executives. Apparently they think nothing of making up english words that suit their purposes. Example: a projecter (i.e. for presentations) is a "beamer"

Skunked ... he just came up with for confus-ed ... hey he's no bad judge ... but not today.

& befuddled - which is also baffled again as in confus-ed ... now is that a real one or not, where's that dictionary?

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Skunked ... he just came up with for confus-ed ... hey he's no bad judge ... but not today.

& befuddled - which is also baffled again as in confus-ed ... now is that a real one or not, where's that dictionary?
    Yeah, befuddled is real alright, and I am befuddlied by hudsonsmiths remark about German beamers. Great cars if I do say so meself.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed

Actuall skunked is a real word. It loosely means, "I just kicked your @$$ at this game!" and it comes from cribbage.

Any of my fellow New Englandites evah run wicked hahd, trip, and take a mean diggah?

My big ones are Ginormous (REALLY FREAKING BIG) and the best word I've ever made up is angularic, which webster's still says isn't a word... pertaining to an angle.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Actuall skunked is a real word. It loosely means, "I just kicked your @$$ at this game!" and it comes from cribbage.
    Well its slang here for the result of too much but this guy wouldn't know a pot plant if he fell over it !

My brother came up with a word for someone who has a habit of being a di-k. Peckamous. I've found it useful on many occasions.

My own personal brand of faith runs along the lines of whatever path God has chosen for you is cool with me. Essentially I believe in all forms of faith and it's not my place to judge yours.
    I call myself an Omnitheist.
    If it's true that wherever you go, there you are: how come so many people look lost?

Quote Originally Posted by cisco2
    ...My own personal brand of faith runs along the lines of whatever path God has chosen for you is cool with me. Essentially I believe in all forms of faith and it's not my place to judge yours.
    I call myself an Omnitheist.
    So, to usurp a line from Douglas Adams' book, you believe black is white and white is black... Be careful at the next zebra crossing!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams