User Check list

Thread: User Check list

User Check list

I am trying to make a check list of things users should check before calling for tech support. Does anyone know of a site that has some good checklists or flowcharts that users could follow before calling for support?

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I strongly recommend you add:
    RTFM (read the f***ing manual)
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

On second thought, never mind. If they did that where would we all be?
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Unfortunately I learned very quickly that the biggest mistake you can make is to rely on the general user to do anything. But if you really want to attempt something, I would suggest making it yourself. I have used Smartdraw before with some success, it's not free but they have a trail version. www.smartdraw.com

hope it helps...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

I think we are going to create our own.

We are going to give a handful of situations where a user would likely call for support and give them a list of things to try before calling.
    We are just trying to stop some of the calls that just require a reboot, or pluging in a network cable.

Haha well good luck to you... you're gonna need it.
    Think of it this way... you're IT, you're there to do that sort of stuff. Even tell them to reboot first. They are there to do whatever they're supposed to and chances are it doesn't include IT stuff I was the sole IT guy in an engineering firm a while back... these guys were smart cookies, had all the schooling... but man, where they DUMB when it came to computers... it took me 4 attempts with a few of them before they understood copy and paste correctly... I tried the same thing you're trying and it only gave me more headaches... but hopefully you have a smart buncha cookies...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.