Samsung 52/24/52 CDRW

Thread: Samsung 52/24/52 CDRW

Samsung 52/24/52 CDRW

Anybody use or had experience with this drive. Outfit I bought a LiteOn 52-24-52 from wants to send me this one as a RMA subsitute.
    "Everybody needs a little help sometimes"

Quote Originally Posted by eboyjones
    Anybody use or had experience with this drive. Outfit I bought a LiteOn 52-24-52 from wants to send me this one as a RMA subsitute.
    Some people hate Samsung, some people love 'em. Put it this way E...at least you got a name brand. I have sold them when I couldn't get Asus, and I chose them over LG and BenQ, and generics...but it is all a crapshoot anymore. The stuff pours out of Asia w/o much quality control anymore. That is why we can't trust brands like we used to be able to. Another thing WE have to deal with...and it really pisses me off.

No I haven't had overly much to do with that drive but I will say this. A couple of months ago I pulled apart 5 roms and sat them on the bench to look at them. Most of them were made of crap and the same boards including a samsung, except the Liteon, it was a much better quality rom overall and the components were tougher. So I would personally see if My liteon could be replaced by the product I originally bought...a Liteon...
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Agreed, the JVC Lite-On drives do seem to be a better drive than many around. I'd be reluctant myself to accept the Samsung if I could get out of it.

Another vote for lite-on here.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Mmmm I think that particular model is a re-branded lite-on anyway !

I think in your circumstances I'd accept a different 'brand' only with the condition that they gave me a full warranty on that, not just any balance, otherwise I'd like my original changed please

(Even if it is the 'same' inside, 're-branded' don't always like firmware updates, which is Lite-ons strength, when they find their writers don't go just so, they do release revised firmware to fix it, unlike all the others)

Pretty much every single cdr drive is produced in 3 factories anyway, or at least the 'inards' !

Thanks guys I'll try for the Lite-on.

Thumbs up

i use Samsung 52/24/52 RW and theres no problem about it but Nero is not working on my computer

Well they sent me a Samsung instead of a Lite-On with a year to retrun it. I burned several cd-r's to test it and it works great with Nero 5.5. Time will tell.
    Thanks for the feedback.