No custom Avatars?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No custom Avatars?

No custom Avatars?

I was looking to change my avatar for a little while but it looks like the custom avatar feature that alows linking to a web site is turned off. Is that on purpose?

Hmmm. Looks like images placed into the signature area don't work either, just pops up a link. That's been turned off for a while though hasn't it?

Yup, email scott with your new avatar, he will be delighted to put it up for you... I hope
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Nah, I was just going to swap it for a couple days. Is there a reason it's turned off now? Someone change their avatar to something obscene or something? Just wondering, not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Yup, email scott with your new avatar, he will be delighted to put it up for you... I hope
    At the risk of sounding like a n00b, I'm gonna ask what Scott's e-mail address is (is it the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each WinDriver's page?).

It's soon time for the Herbert Kornfield avatar to retire (yeah, I know he's great), but change is a good thing.

Also, what's the deal with not being able to attach an image to your signature?
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Paco L 250
    At the risk of sounding like a n00b, I'm gonna ask what Scott's e-mail address is (is it the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each WinDriver's page?).

It's soon time for the Herbert Kornfield avatar to retire (yeah, I know he's great), but change is a good thing.

How about PM: WinDrivers?

Yes, the contact us at the bottom. [email protected]
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Quote Originally Posted by Paco L 250
    From memory it had something to do with a security flaw ...

Exclamation Avatars (Custom Use)

Yes, NooNoo is correct...

According to the last time I emailed Scott, he mentioned that if you email your custom avatars to him (obviously in proper format and size) he'll post them for you. That was about a month or two ago so I still take it he will be more than happy to oblige. If things have changed since, please post a reply to let us know.

Thx,

SalmonFisher

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonFisher
    Yes, NooNoo is correct...

According to the last time I emailed Scott, he mentioned that if you email your custom avatars to him (obviously in proper format and size) he'll post them for you. That was about a month or two ago so I still take it he will be more than happy to oblige. If things have changed since, please post a reply to let us know.

Thx,

SalmonFisher
    I PMed WinDrivers (as I should have instead of posting this, but oh well ), and I was told that the next version of the boards will have the custom avatar feature.

As for an image in one's signature, a security issue was raised, so as for now, no images. I know other boards can do it (e.g. GameSpot forums, TeamXbox forums, etc.), so I wonder if we here at WinDrivers will be able to soon.
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

I for one am glad we don't have images in our sigs...They are annoying....
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

Quote Originally Posted by Mayet
    I for one am glad we don't have images in our sigs...They are annoying....

I totally agree. I feel really bad for people who have dial up and want to go to a place where everyone has a 40k sig picture. 10 minutes just to view a thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    I totally agree. I feel really bad for people who have dial up and want to go to a place where everyone has a 40k sig picture. 10 minutes just to view a thread...
    Can't you turn loads of stuff off in your user cp ? I dunno I 'don't care' being on broadband ... but I hear you ! Dial-up is the pits to start with never mind waiting for my stupid avatar to load

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    Can't you turn loads of stuff off in your user cp ? I dunno I 'don't care' being on broadband ... but I hear you ! Dial-up is the pits to start with never mind waiting for my stupid avatar to load
    That would require people to look at the user cp to know the facility is there.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    That would require people to look at the user cp to know the facility is there.
    Maybe Scott should set up the default user cp a bit different then ?

We had excatly the same with the 'be notified by e-mail of new posts' - he fixed that & it was much better , same here I would suggest - 3 ticks to leave off though this time ...

is 64x64 the correct avatar res

i accidently deleted my avatar while trying to change it to a custom one,