What it means to be Canadian !!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What it means to be Canadian !!

What it means to be Canadian !!

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made." Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place of great balance." "Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice." The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large landmass in the top corner and asked, "What's that one?" "Ah," said God. "That's Canada, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coastline. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. I'm also going to give them super-human, undefeatable ice hockey players who will be admired and feared by all who come across them." Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed; "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!" God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bastards I'm putting next to them...."
    Last edited by Escape_Driver; January 20th, 2004 at 05:04 PM.

Canada rules, eh?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Well now, let's take a moment to ponder why they call it "North America"...

South Canada???

Fuken-eh, thats one tall tale
    Last edited by jitBob; January 22nd, 2004 at 10:37 AM.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Take off eh?, ya hoser......
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Hi there,

When you're not an a$$hole.

Ju Leon...
    Otaku Anime Network
    http://www.otakuanime.com/

Guardian Of The Sailor Scouts Universe
    http://www.guardiansenshi.net/

The Sailor Scouts Gallery
    http://www.kawaiisenshi.com/

Quote Originally Posted by inferno_gn
    Hi there,

When you're not an a$$hole.

Ju Leon...
    I KNOW you ain't talking to me, you simple, illiterate jack@ss.....

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Quote Originally Posted by DocPC
    I KNOW you ain't talking to me, you simple, illiterate jack@ss.....

Someone steal your back bacon?
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Quote Originally Posted by Matridom
    Someone steal your back bacon?
    Take off, eh?

Hmmm,

That reminds me:

Q: How many Canadians does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: None. Canadians don't change lightbulbs, they accept them as they are
    Last edited by Orangeman; January 20th, 2004 at 11:58 PM.
    Bouncy Bouncy

Quote Originally Posted by Escape_Driver
    Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God went missing for six days. eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?" God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made." Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?" "It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place of great balance." "Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth, "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people," God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice." The Archangel, impressed by Gods work, then pointed to a large landmass in the top corner and asked, "What's that one?" "Ah," said God. "That's Canada, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams and an exquisite coastline. The people from Canada are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they're going to be found travelling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hard working and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. I'm also going to give them super-human, undefeatable ice hockey players who will be admired and feared by all who come across them." Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed; "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE!" God replied wisely. "Wait until you see the loud-mouth bastards I'm putting next to them...."
    That was great!
    "Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." -- Marla Jones

A Canadian is someone who,
    drinks Brazilian coffee...
    from an English teacup...
    and munches a French pastry...
    while sitting on their Danish furniture...
    having just come home from an Italian movie...
    in their German car.
    He picks up their Japanese pen...
    and writes to their Member of Parliament to complain about the American take-over of the Canadian publishing business.
    :butt:

Quote Originally Posted by Trout
    A Canadian is someone who,
    drinks Brazilian coffee...
    from an English teacup...
    and munches a French pastry...
    while sitting on their Danish furniture...
    having just come home from an Italian movie...
    in their German car.
    He picks up their Japanese pen...
    and writes to their Member of Parliament to complain about the American take-over of the Canadian publishing business.
    :butt:
    Naaahhhh!!
    An American is someone who:
    Drinks Columbian coffee...
    ...from an American coffee mug, made in China...
    ...and munches on an American donut made by others from EVERYWHERE and Anywhere possessing a visa and not born in America...
    ...while sitting on their Swedish furniture, made of wood imported from America, and then exported back at twice the price...
    ...having come from a movie produced with American money but shot on location in SE Asia....
    ...in their Japanese car...produced and financed with American blood and guts and money....
    ...to arrive home and sit at their PC...with EVERY part made in China, but assembled by an American hand, and wonder:
    What is there to be paranoid about????

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Naaahhhh!!
    An American is someone who:
    Drinks Columbian coffee...
    ...from an American coffee mug, made in China...
    ...and munches on an American donut made by others from EVERYWHERE and Anywhere possessing a visa and not born in America...
    ...while sitting on their Swedish furniture, made of wood imported from America, and then exported back at twice the price...
    ...having come from a movie produced with American money but shot on location in SE Asia....
    ...in their Japanese car...produced and financed with American blood and guts and money....
    ...to arrive home and sit at their PC...with EVERY part made in China, but assembled by an American hand, and wonder:
    What is there to be paranoid about????

HAHA,,, looking at that,,, I Might Be Canadain,, Seeing as Im actually part American Indian,I Preffer Kona Coffee,I Only own American Oak furnature,I Own A GM Car,Never frequent movies,Think The Chinese S*** and own enough guns to wage my own war lol
    Paranoid??? Never~!!! Homicidal Psychotic?? ABSOLUTELY

Damn Computer parts blew it for me lol
    Last edited by Trout; January 20th, 2004 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    Canada rules, eh?
    I'd say more like Canadian rules...
    Bouncy Bouncy