Virus Scanning Hardware

Thread: Virus Scanning Hardware

Virus Scanning Hardware

At one of the confrences I went to there was someone selling a hardware internet traffic virus scanner. It checked every packet comming in or going out (not just mail). And for the life of me I can't remember who the vendor was.

What I am trying to do: I already have an e-mail filter/scanner system up and running, but it is only for traffic going through my exchange server. Students are comming on campus checking their yahoo and hotmail accounts and they are downloading and running virus infected attachments. I need something that can scan all the traffic comming past our firewall.

Anyone have any ideas on what can do this? It would be for about 1500 - 2000 workstations on a T1.

Miq

here is a review of three gateway appliances:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/hard...0272398,00.htm
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

This the one?

http://www.bodacion.com/products.html
    HYDRA represents a new class of network appliance - the first dedicated Web Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS).

HYDRA is designed to provide all of its own security and protection. It does not require a firewall, virus scanner (software or hardware), intrusion prevention system, or any other device of any kind for any security function. HYDRA, in fact, considers these other devices to be possible launch points for an attack against HYDRA.

Found what I was looking for. It was a Symantec 5310