Mo' money (need advice) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mo' money (need advice)

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus
    Quote Originally Posted by 3D Prophet III
    if I use my own vehicle which I do on rare occasions,

Quote Originally Posted by KINGofBLEH
    Bear in mind that the maximum mileage rate allowed by the IRS is 37.5 cents per mile. Anything more than that is taxable income.
    Like I said, if I use my own vehicle which I'll do on rare occasions. But that's very rare for me to do. I've got their van to use, besides when I turn my expense sheet in at the end of week they don't question what I enter. I'm a good drone.
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren

I would say to take a 7% salary increase (which these days is waaaay above what they normally give) and track mileage. That sounds like a fair deal to me.
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra X

Since they really don't have the need for a full time IT posiition, and my boss [b
    feels I have too much downtime[/b], they are going to start outsourcing me to this company 1-2 days a week, and be on call as needed. I've spent the past 2 days there pulling cable & setting up their network.
    You might think of what your boss said about your downtime when asking for more money. Companies want all they can get for whatever they pay you. I'm sure mileage is no problem, but you might ask them what they are willing to give. At least then you will know how valuable you are to them and go from there.
    "Everybody needs a little help sometimes"