i need help.

i just assembled a new PC and i cant get it to install an OS. First: here are teh specs:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe motherboard
Intel P4 3ghz processor
1gb pc3200 ram (2x512mb)
Asus Geforce 4 mx440 64mb agp
lite on 16x dvd
lite on 48x24x48 cdrw
maxtor 30gb ata100 HD
WD 80gb ata 100 HD

the drives are leftover form my old PC...anyway..i cant get this thing to work at all. this board has two serial ata ports, plus a promise raid controller with 2 more serial ata ports, and an ata133 ide port.

i have tried many configuraions, but no matter how i have this set up, i cannot get xp to install. I boot from the CD and i get to the first screen with the blue background and it says Windows Setup in the top left corner, but no matter how long i let it sit, nothign else happens. the little gray bar at the bottom where the text is usally displayed never shows up. if i put boot to that disk in my old PC, it works fine. i also tried booting to a redhat 9 CD and it looks like it is going to start, it goes through the hardware detection and then it gets to IDE0 then IDE1 and it just sits there.

i did manage to boot to my knoppix CD and i can see the hard drive, but since it runs from the CD, that doesnt really help me.

i have tried teh following configurations.
--
30gb drive as Primary master
DVD as primary slave
--
30gb as primary master
dvd as secondary master
--
30gb on primise controller
dvd as primary master
--
80gb as primary master
cdrw as primary slave
--
80gb as primary master
cdrw as secondary master
--
30gb and 80gb on promise
dvd as primary master
cdrw as secondary master
--

and i beleive a few other combinations. no matter what i do, it doesnt work. the sees teh drives when they are on primary or secondary IDE. if i have the promise controller enabled, it also shoes 3rd master/slave and 4th master slave. but they are empty. i set the IDE mode to both enhanced or compatible. set the promise to IDE instead of RAID. i set it to p-ata + s-ata, and also just p-ata Only. sometimes i disable the promise controller and just have the drives on the normal ide channels. but it just doesnt work. i can take the drives and cd and put them on my other PC and they all work just fine. (abit kt7a-raid, athlon 1.4, 1.5gb pc133)

when i turn the PC on...it beeps 4 times. two high pitch short beebs, followed by two lower pitch short beeps. it doens thsow any errors on the screen.

any ideas what i can do or try?