directory services design exam (70-219)

Thread: directory services design exam (70-219)

directory services design exam (70-219)

hi guys

has anyone taken this exam, if so can you recommend any books or learning aids?

Yes. I took it at the end of 2001, and it was a ba**ard of an exam, the worst of all of them in my opinion. I passed it but not by much. You have to know directory services inside out, upside down and back to front. I remember some questions about ski resorts and lift passes for god sake! Anyway, I took some Microsoft courses so had all the course books, I used trancenders, got some books called examcram, (red and black), set up a server at home and played with it until my fingers bled . I also visited lots of mcse sites that give you practise questions too.

It's a nasty one, but like any exam, if you study enough you will pass it. Good luck and let us know how you did.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Smile

Hi

i've also set up a home network and it helps quite a bit. I have looked on the amazon website for books, the ms press books get a very poor review. I was thinking about going with the new riders book, gets a better review.

As far as ski lifts and passes go, it should be right up my street or should i say mountain!

I also had some practise questions from somewhere called troytec but I don't think they exist anymore. When I get home tonight I'll see if I still have the details, (I'm sure I do). Their questions were close enough to the actual questions to help enourmously, they let you see questions as Microsoft would ask them.

As for the books, you really should go with what people say in their reviews. If their are books getting better reviews than the ones I used then go with them, after all things have probably improved since I took this exam.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something