Random video problems

Thread: Random video problems

Random video problems

i have a problem that is making me crazy. i can use my computer all day long with no problems. i can use any application...i can even render landscapes and really work the cpu, memory and video and all is well. but if i connect to the internet (SBC DSL...Speedstream 5100 modem...Realtek 8139 NIC) i can count on having lockups. the screen goes a lime green or with diff color vertical stripes and computer locks. i have swapped memory(on-board video), added a PCI vid card, changed NIC's and nuthing helps. IE6 and Mozilla both do the same thing. any streaming audio will cause it also as well as AIM. sometimes it happens when i click a link or scroll a webpage. other times it is seemingly random. what gets me is that if i am not connected to web then the problems disappear. i connect using Enternet 300, but i can't imagine that causing it, tho i suppose anything is possible. any ideas? i am thinking video problems of course but why wouldnt the other apps cause problems?

What os you running? If xp try using their pppoe dialup thingy. If it were me I would get a router and be done with it. They are dirt cheap now days. I think best buy has them for like 20-30 bucks.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo
    What os you running? If xp try using their pppoe dialup thingy. If it were me I would get a router and be done with it. They are dirt cheap now days. I think best buy has them for like 20-30 bucks.
    Sometimes changing the resolution helps

I would suggset getting rid of Enternet 300 and use RASPPPOE... I use it from time to time and my administrator at the ISP I work at seems to like it.
    http://www.raspppoe.com/
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.