Win98SE installation CD

Thread: Win98SE installation CD

Win98SE installation CD

I got the resource kit for Win98se so I can make batch.inf files to an automated install, but I can't remember how to get it to install programs during the setup... (like spybot and other things, even IE6 and other updates) Anyone remember?

I assume ME has a similar program, but it doesn't appear on the CD from what I can see... do I have to get it from microsoft?
    Last edited by arch0nmyc0n; January 30th, 2004 at 03:24 PM.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

is this what you were looking for?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...27&Product=w98
    "You've been livin' on the razor's edge, since you began to shave...
    Make sure you live, you're a long time dead, cradle to the grave"-Motorhead

Not quite. With automated installs for XP there is a way to install programs during the initial setup like MS office, ad-aware etc... a fellow tech gave me the files I needed to do it with XP... He told me (and someone told me earlier a few months back) that is possible to do the same thing with 98. I know it's the Sysprep tool for XP... but this reskit batch installer for 98 doesn't specifically have an area to do that. I suppose it could be done with inserting the commands into the runonce area in the registry? I was hoping there was an easier way.
    Last edited by arch0nmyc0n; February 3rd, 2004 at 07:53 PM.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.