Display problem with NVidia GE force2 Mx/Mx400

Thread: Display problem with NVidia GE force2 Mx/Mx400

Angry Display problem with NVidia GE force2 Mx/Mx400

Hi Guru's,

Recently I installed a AMD 1800 MHz PC - Via KT333 CF-8235 chipset with NVidia GE force2 Mx/Mx400 with 64 Mb Ram. Installed all the drivers. The display is blurry with vertical lines If I increase beyond 800X600 resolution. Even with 800X600 some times the display gets locked up and on reboot it goes into VGA mode. The IRQ level for AGP shared by USB,Lan,Sound devices. The techsupport for bestdata is not responsive. The docs says we need separate IRQ for AGP. My doubt is even if I setup all three separate cards for USB,Lan and sound does this issue gets resolved?.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Arun

Quote Originally Posted by adiarun
    Hi Guru's,

Recently I installed a AMD 1800 MHz PC - Via KT333 CF-8235 chipset with NVidia GE force2 Mx/Mx400 with 64 Mb Ram. Installed all the drivers. The display is blurry with vertical lines If I increase beyond 800X600 resolution. Even with 800X600 some times the display gets locked up and on reboot it goes into VGA mode. The IRQ level for AGP shared by USB,Lan,Sound devices. The techsupport for bestdata is not responsive. The docs says we need separate IRQ for AGP. My doubt is even if I setup all three separate cards for USB,Lan and sound does this issue gets resolved?.

Thanks

Arun
    Hi Arun and Welcome to Windrivers!
    OK, in bios, is there a setting, assign irq to vga? Is it enabled?

What monitor do you have?

Can you test this card in another machine?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi Guru's,

Thanks

Arun
    I'm no guru , but as NooNoo said, is there a setting to assign an IRQ to the VGA? It should be enabled (correct me if I'm wrong NooNoo). There might also be an option for a Plug and Play enabled OS. Depending on your operating system, you may need option set to yes/on or no/off. You might also need to manually assign IRQs via your operating system. As I don't know what OS you have, I can't really say much than that.

Also, sometimes, some motherboards have slots that share IRQs (e.g. PCI slot #3 shares an IRQ with the AGP slot, etc). So you may want to see what the motherboard manual says in regards to that. I have a VIA KT333 chipset in my desktop (an ASUS motherboard, to be exact), and it shares IRQs for some of the slots (although I'm thinking that's more dependent upon the motherboard itself).

Although since this is NVIDIA, I'm just biased to think this is a damned driver issue again (curse you NVIDIA! ).
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Hi Guys,

Thansk for the reply. I tried

Assign IRQ toVGS: enabled.
    Primary display adapter: AGP
    AGP aperture size: 16Mb(1/4th of board mem size)
    Videa palette snoop : disabled
    AGP side banning : 4x
    shadow video bios : disabled

I did these as per recommendation of the mfg.
    Still no change.
    THis divers some time it works some times it goes into vga mode. I see Nvida Dual view driver in problem devices.

I am stuck with this for one month.

Any ideas?

Naren

What kind of system do you have? Who made your motherboard, cpu, videocard, soundcard and nic? What operating system are you using? What driver versions are you using for your mobo chipset, vga, sound & nic. How much memory do you have? Have you tried removing the nic and sound card and disabling the usb in bios to see if the video issue clears up? Sounds like you may have some incorrect drivers for your video to revert back to standard vga mode.
    Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;
    Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it’s been.

Hi Guys,

Thansk for the reply. I tried

Assign IRQ toVGS: enabled.

I did these as per recommendation of the mfg.
    Still no change.
    THis divers some time it works some times it goes into vga mode. I see Nvida Dual view driver in problem devices.

I am stuck with this for one month.

Any ideas?

Naren
    I would suggest setting the AGP Aperture Size to either 32Mb or 128Mb (64Mb is sometimes tricky), if you can do it. 16Mb will not show any significant improvement in texture handling.

First though, make sure you have the latest Hyperion drivers for the VIA motherboard chipset, and the latest Det... -hum- ForceWare drivers from nVidia (WinXP/Win2K here).

If that doesn't solve your problem, then looking at hardware issues will be the next step.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

boot to safe mode and uninstall/remove any and all video adapters you find under display adapters. Reboot and reinstall with the right drivers.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Installed the 4 -in 1 drivers? www.viarena.com
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Hi Guys,

Thansk for the replies. I have
    AMD 1800 MHz PC - Via KT333 CF-8235 chipset with NVidia GE force2 Mx/Mx400 with 64 Mb Ram.
    Memory 512 Mb and installed Windows 2000 professional

Assign IRQ toVGA: enabled.

I tried installing a separate NIC card and tried rebooting. Still the new NIC being a separate card is also sharing the same interrupt. with
    Sound, USB , and display. I bought separate cards for NIC, Audio and USB. But before doing it will it help?.

I set no plug and play OD in bios. Can we set interrupt levels manually?

Thanks for all the help.

Arun/Naren

I