HELP... mounting a drive to add space to primary partition - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HELP... mounting a drive to add space to primary partition

ok after all that it didnt work...and i ended up formating the drive anyway..doh

i used knopix .. eventually but managed to work out that windows wasnt happy with system32 in a dynamic mount before i did.. reinstalled win2k3 on the 3rd drive and did the folder moving from that os .. booted to xp and... cannot find file something or other..

damn windows and damn myself and arse to knopix for no proper ntfs support..

and sorry to any i might have offened
    E R R O R...
    ------------------------------->

The FIRST thing I ever used Knoppix for, was to rescue files from an NTFS partition, by burning them to a CD using one of the CD Burning utilities in Knoppix.

/rant

I just do not understand how some people get IT jobs. If you were working for me, and formatted MY drive over something as poorly thought out as that, AFTER getting advice on how to fix it properly (Ghost and/or resize partition) you would be looking for a job.

/rant

However, I hope your problem is solved. I support some "unique power users", and while challenging, the rewards are always that I learn different ways of doing things.

'''
    /rant

I just do not understand how some people get IT jobs. If you were working for me, and formatted MY drive over something as poorly thought out as that, AFTER getting advice on how to fix it properly (Ghost and/or resize partition) you would be looking for a job.''

....well im not and will never be..and if you knew me you'd certainly never doubt my expertese.. we all have off days....

/
    E R R O R...
    ------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by dr_jones
    and if you knew me you'd certainly never doubt my expertese..
    Hard to believe after what we've seen..
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee
    Hard to believe after what we've seen..
    He's a fart smeller...

Ooop, I meant smart fell’er...

gone a little off topic there.... Dr Jones did apologise and if it had worked we would have been standing back in amazement having learnt something.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."