Windows XP OEM question.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows XP OEM question....

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    How dare you condescend me! I was giving you real world experience and insight into this, not just the play it safe mentality. I nearly lost my job because a company sold me some Office 2k's for a little less than what you would normally find it. Because I was having trouble finding it from any of my reliable legal resellers, I went the route of the google software search and got pinched for over $2200 worth of useless software. Thankfully, with plenty of effort, and a loss of shipping fee, I was able to get a refund (and keep my job). I spent long hours with Microsoft, the vendor, and composing letters to facilitate this action, all because I was trying to "save" some money.

If you don't like what you hear, tough. You came here for some free advice and got some. How dare you condescend what was actually a most helpful effort of many forum members. You owe us all apologies, but I especially want one exclusively directed to me. :butt:
    Dude, chill the freak out. You are the one that is getting wound up.

That is the way you came off to me. Simple. It doesn't hurt for me to investigate. I ask a simple question. You come off as "If you got a sucker who is willing to pay, then pay what everyone else is paying."

Since I do not deal with the whole Micro$oft licensing where I work, I am unfamiliar with it.

The businesses I linked in my starting post seem legit. If they were not, why would they advertise on Pricewatch? I know, crazy things are out there but... I am just looking at it from a simple logical point of view.

I found out about the process to create an unattended install CD for Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

I found out about the OEM Preinstall CD and the COA's for $53. The three out of three ratings for that company were all good. (Yes, I know the ol' Ebay saying.. "Let the buyer beware")

I figured between the two, I could create the guy an unattended install CD with his COA's license #.

To me, it was looking like a duck.... I couldn't hear if it quacked like a duck too, I was trying to see if anyone here had done something similar.

Dude, it's done. I had the guy get the $92 Windows XP Home OEM disk AND COA from New Egg and purchase a new motherboard.
    Last edited by Tazdrummer; February 11th, 2004 at 10:58 PM.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!

I will not chill out! No where in there did I see an apology...

And you aint going to see one. You came off that way to me. Simple.

Dude, its done. I asked my question and now I go back to trolling every so often.

To be honest, I don't see why he would or should owe you one. What exactly did he do to get you all riled up? He wanted answers to his questions. They were provided. What, exactly, is it you are upset about? Geesh, sometimes grudges are rightfully earned. I don't see one here.

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    To be honest, I don't see why he would or should owe you one. What exactly did he do to get you all riled up? He wanted answers to his questions. They were provided. What, exactly, is it you are upset about? Geesh, sometimes grudges are rightfully earned. I don't see one here.
    To be honest, I don't see why you should butt the f**k in. No one asked for your opinion, nor wanted it. Let Ya Know and Taz have at it.

Your choice of post padding is admiralble, but, maybe you should just keep to the Walmart mentality, you know, greet them at the door, "Welcome to Windrivers", and let them go.

Quote Originally Posted by MobilePCPhysician
    To be honest, I don't see why you should butt the f**k in. No one asked for your opinion, nor wanted it. Let Ya Know and Taz have at it.

Your choice of post padding is admiralble, but, maybe you should just keep to the Walmart mentality, you know, greet them at the door, "Welcome to Windrivers", and let them go.
    Dude, be quiet.

This aint a forum to for a flame war.... with you fanning the flames.

So the only other thing I will say to you is "Put your fan down and quit trying to fan the flames"

I aint in here to get into a urination contest. I ask a question and people responded. They came off to me as "you shouldn't try to find a bargain, trust in the pricing scheme of the all mighty M$"..... but none of them seemed to have experienced the scenario I presented.

Cool.

I had the guy get the $92 special from New Egg.

This is not a flame war so quit making it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdrummer
    ...This is not a flame war so quit making it that way.
    It reads like one though ! glad to see you are able to take Ya_knows 'attitude' in your stride anyway

Just a note on the entire thread ... COA (certificates of Authenticity) are NOT proof of ownership for any M$ software. Be more concerned about who you buy it from

Question answered, thread locked.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."