Some Car Insurance Company are crooks

Thread: Some Car Insurance Company are crooks

Some Car Insurance Company are crooks

well hello everyone im in another crappy jam.

well i have car insurance .....or had car insurance with a company called (ACCURATE AUTO INSURANCE,.....stay way from them)

i started my policy on july of last year for my mustang , six month policy.
    well in november i let my brother drive it and he crash against a bmw.

well he was on a two way side street with no stop sign also the bmw guys where speeding and came out of a one way side street also didnt have a stop sign. well they both crashed.

so my brother makes the police report and we call the insurance place and tell them what happened. they told me even though my brother is not on my policy as long as he is 25 years of age or over and doesnt live in the same house hold he would be covered.

so im reliefed about that. well i call back to see whats going on and they told me im not covered because i didnt sign a paper.

so im like WTF!!!!!!!!!!

it turns out they canceled my policy in september.

the company accurate auto insurance works this way. they are a broker insurance company and finds you low rates and when you find an insurance company that you want with low rates they pay that company in full and you pay the broker company.

the bmw had state farm insurance and i called to check the claim on them and they found my brother liable for 12,000 in damages

well accurate auto insurance was happily accepting payments on my cancelled insurance.

i called them up and they said they are going to talk to the insurance company. i havent heard anything so i call back and they tell me there is nothing they can do because the insurance company cancelled me.
    i call the insurance company known as ( United Automobile Insurance Company). they tell me they canceled me because i didnt sign some document and they point the finger at accurate because they should have told me.

pretty much nobody is taking fault they are both pointing the finger at each other and im getting know where.

then i talk to accurate again and they said the company sent me a letter saying it was cancelled and that i should have known.

which is total bull sh*t i dont recall a letter and they are sappose to tell me when the isnurance is cancelled or not.

so im pretty much paying for a service i wasnt getting. i also have proof that they recieved payments. i paid with checks i have all my check stubbs and can even get copies from my bank.

i kept getting this stupid whore on the phone who kept giving me the run around and told me to contact a supervisor name micheal who doesnt seem to ever be there.

i spoke to the receptionist and she told me to contact dave another supervisor.

i contacted him and explained everything to him and he tells me once your policy is cancelled we dont accept any payments. so i told him that is a lie i have proof you accepted all my payemnts even when i was cancelled.

he said he would look up my file and call me back. so im pretty pissed now.

well he calls me back and says the insurance company sent me a letter of cancellation which i should have gotten also as far as the monthly payments i was making they will give me a full refund.

he also said : " and thats that"

that toally pissed me off , i told him his refund is useless to me with the situation im in and im going to take him and the insurance company to court and i told him its kinda strange how they accept my payments but when i need the insurance company how they all the sudden cancelled me.

then he started agreeing with me and kissing my *** and pointing the finger at the other insurance company.

thiefs all of them. im checking out attorneys now.

i dropped them as an insurance company now i have state farm insurance. its a bit more money but at least im not worried now if i crash will my insurance cover me or stick me.

anyways for anyone looking for car insurance if you can get a well known insurance and try to stay away from broker insurance company because they will stick you.

also anyone in illinois stay away from

ACCURATE AUTO INSURANCE = broker company

and

UNITED AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE COMPANY = lame insurance company

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Banned
    USAA baby

I just saved a buttload of hassle by not switching to Geico.

OUCH...so what happens now?? Are you just screwed on the crashed car and your brother has to cough up the 12,000?

Sue the ****ers
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

im looking for attorneys so im going to set up appointments.

im definatly going to take this to court no matter what. even if this is all true (which isnt) but say if they did send me a letter saying i didnt sign and cancel my insurane. one why did they wait 3 months to cancel it and two once they cancelled it why didnt the broker company tell me it was cancelled and why did they continue to accept my money.

but they screwed up by accepting my payments and cashing in on my checks.

its wierd i got a refund in my mail yesterday for 57 bucks. now im not going to cash it im going to use it in court. if i cash that check i will screw myself.
    but what i find wierd about it is that my monthly payments where 40 bucks and for 3 or 4 months i payed 40 bucks. normally it should have been a refund of around 120 or 160 so i have no idea how they came up with 57 dollers.

anyways it doesnt really matter im not going to cash it im going to use it in court.

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

All insurance companies are regulated. Contact your state's Insurance Department and file a complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    All insurance companies are regulated. Contact your state's Insurance Department and file a complaint.
    I bet they would love to hear about this story.

Wow! All I can say is, I am so glad that has never happened to me! I hate lawyers, but I think you may need one to clear this mess up!

Wasn't something to do with your speeding ticket was it?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ok, everybody say this with me...

"Law - yer"

very good!

Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonsmith
    Yeah, a complaint to the state's Dept of Insurance is a big punch in the face to an insurance company. They'll probably reply saying you asked that your policy be cancelled, so you'll have to call the Dept of Insurance back and sing the refrain to 'Cotton-Eyed Joe' (that's bullsh!t, for all you non-southerners.)
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||