Is this a Firewire driver problem?

Thread: Is this a Firewire driver problem?

Is this a Firewire driver problem?

Hi all,

I have a radeon 8500DV AIW graphics card which has an onboard firewire port which I use to capture video thru.

My problem is that when I try to capture or send to my camera, the camera transport is activated (ie its rolling) but no picture or sound is recieved (or sent). This problem occurs in any edit suite I use. If I move the card to my other machine the problem goes away.
    The rig I want to use the card on is an MSI nforce2 based board(K7N2delta-L) and both my systems run WinXP pro sp1 and have identical OHCI driver sets (5.1.2600.1106).
    Suggested solutions have included a reinstall of windows but I see that as the last resort only.

I've posted this here as opposed to the capture forum as I'm fairly sure its down to the drivers.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

tonga

AMDxp2500+ @ 3200
    MSI K7N2delta-L
    1Gig Corsair pc3200 VS
    Hercules 8500DV aiw
    2x80Gb WD caviarSE
    Creative SBlive5.1
    WinXP pro SP1a

Welcome to Windrivers tongachutt.
    Since you think that it is down to drivers, have you removed and reinstalled all pertinent drivers, including mb drivers? And, what software are you using for the "transport"?

Hi Triple
    I've removed the IEEE1349 drivers which are reinstalled when windows reboots, I've also removed and reinstalled the graphics drivers although I've not tried reinstalling the mobo drivers as I cant see why they would be causing the problem. I use premier pro to capture and edit which works fine with this graphics card on my other rig, I've tried capturing into and sending DV out with windows movie maker which exhibited the same problem..which is what leads me to believe its the OHCI drivers.
    When I say transport I mean the camera motors are turning ie control signals are being passed thru the firewire, just no data.
    thanks
    Tonga