Doom III

Thread: Doom III

Doom III

I know that the Doom III Alpha has been available for quite a while now, but i wanted to see how it ran on my new system. First of all i installed it on my pc at work and played it at lunchtime. (dell optiplex gx260, 2.4ghz, 1gb ram, integrated intel video) at 640x480@16bit it ran at 12fps when i wasnt moving, and then dropped to 2 or 3 when i tried to move or shoot. which is generally what i expected.

anyway i took it home and installed it and I was pleasantly suprised. I figured it woudl run better, but not this well. At1024x768@32bit, it ran at 62fps when standing still, and occasionally dipped to around 45 when moving/shooting. On the third level, it seemd to stay aroudn 35fps the whole time..im not sure why this level is different.

anyway, i was just curious... i know that this is an Alpha and very early in development, but do you guys think that the final version will run better than the alpha due to optimization, or worse due to adding special effects and stuff. EBGames is listing April 15th as release date, but i doubt that it will happen.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

I got all excit-ed then & thought it was out early ...

Yup if you like it already playing wise, full release ought to get faster ...

sorry, i should have said something more in the title. I am se excited about this game..and after playing the alpha, i am more excited it still has that ability to scare the crap out of you.
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

its not optimized thats why it slow... final release will be nice. Plus the leak version wasnt finished nor ready for it to be

where is this leak? I must haves it, I must haves the precious...tricksy they are but I will haves it.
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_C
    where is this leak? I must haves it, I must haves the precious...tricksy they are but I will haves it.
    How did you slither past the ban?
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

Doc, there is no ban.
    Daniel

Doc, there is no ban.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

leak what leak, doh spoke to much already....