System crash when playing 3D games
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: System crash when playing 3D games

System crash when playing 3D games

When I play 3d games action games, like Half-life mods and Call of Duty my computer crashes and I hear high pitched noise from my speakers. This happens usually after a few minutes of playing. I have done a little research, but haven't found an answer yet, but in Creative's forums people claims it to be a driver problem. I have tried creative patches, VIA 4in1 and PCI latency patches but none of them worked. Also any driver(VGA) updates and bios updates didn't have any effects on. I'm not sure about this, but when I enabled CMSS 3D in Creative Media Source, my problems started or at least at that time they started to come and I didn't have any kinds of problem for two months. And when I disable it, it turns on automatically when I start to play.

Some information about my computer:
    Mobo: Asus A7V8X-X VIA KT400/333 Chipset
    Processor: Amd Athlon XP 2200+ 1,8 GHz, 3D Now
    Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2
    Graphic Driver: Asus V9560 GeForce FX 5600
    Hard Drive: Maxtor Diamond 80 GB
    DirectX version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Home Edition (Service Pack 1)
    Memory: 512 MB DDR 333MHz

Welcome to windrivers !

when I enabled CMSS 3D in Creative Media Source, my problems started or at least at that time they started to come and I didn't have any kinds of problem for two months.
    Tried uninstalling all the bloatware & just leave the drivers ? I'm none too impressed with the 'extras'

No it didn't work. Still crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahmiren
    No it didn't work. Still crashing.
    No offence or anything but you are sure of all the running services in task manager ? Sometimes just uninstalling the components isn't enough, the fact that it changed when you started using a bloatware feature is what guides me..

Well.. What else should I do after I uninstalled everything and only installed drivers?
    Also what do you mean if I'm sure services running in my Taskbar? Do you mean that I have some applications running, which might be doing this crashing?

Creative Via and Nvidia hmmmm. Not often a good combination. If it was me I would try a different sound card and remove all the creative drivers completely
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

This is xp home ! Oooo ! its hard now - no services tab I was gonna say Open task manager, click services ... I particularly want you to look here for devldr32 or devldr16, ctsvccda & know generally what every process is, he said so very hopefully ...

I think you can run services.msc from run in home to get the services showing

Thinking about it you aren't gonna know what any of them are probably but I'm sure there's more for an audigy that load, one more, I'd know if I saw ...

Yeah, but there's now but: I don't have any money now and I hope to find a good solution for this. I read something about this problem in Creative's forum's and they said that it is the WDM drivers that are not good. No problems in WIN 98, but problems in XP(WDM Drivers), so I think it is the drivers. Could a reinstalling the Windows XP and/or formatting the hard drive work?

Well I found these from services.msc that seem to maybe have something to do with Creative..
    Creative services for CDROM access
    WMDM PMSP Services (something to do with WDM drivers?)

I have got the same problem: http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/u..._bios_dell.htm

but well what can I say, I don't have Dell computer...

well if Dell corrected with a bios flash.... Asus bios for your quoted board
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Well I have the newest BIOS from ASUS' site. Do I have to do something with the BIOS? I'm not very familiar with the BIOS stuff so can you give me a hint what to do there..

you are sure the onboard sound is off? Check in the bios for ac97, onboard sound, midi and joysticks. Disable em all.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I disabled all the onboard stuff, but still game crashes and squeling comes from speakers.

Longshot, but what type of PWS do you have?
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!