Painkiller

Thread: Painkiller

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Painkiller

This game freakin rawks, from what I saw from teh demo, I'm buying it when it hits store shelves

http://painkillergame.com/
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I downloaded the Demo the other day..it is pretty cool. Graphically it is pretty good, and it uses the same physics engine as half life 2. When you use the gun that shoots the wooden stakes, it is awesome.. if they are close to a wall, it will knock them back and pin them to the wall.

This game is alot like serious sam in terms of enemies. each level has several hundred enemies (litteraly) that just keep attacking. SOme of them can be quite annoying. (the little skeleton guys) also some guys are immune to certain weapons, so you have to just play around till you find one that works on them.

from what i have read, there are only 5 weapons in the game...but each has a secondary fire mode. i actually like this approach since it reduced cycling through useless weapons. The demo only had 3 guns, and 3 levels, but it was pretty cool.

i will definiatly be picking this one up when it comes out.

there are links on the site where you can download the demo
    http://www.painkillergame.com/banner_visitsite.php
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

And the soundtrack kicks ***. Nothing like some metal to help you finish off the undead hordes.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Downloading.
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Im gonna download this when I get home tonight... sounds awesome..

I tried out Far Cry last night and it rocked. !!
    W

Quote Originally Posted by Diver01
    Im gonna download this when I get home tonight... sounds awesome..

I tried out Far Cry last night and it rocked. !!
    I wish Far Cry was longer. I went through it a few times and drove the boats and jeep around
    Deliver me from Swedish furniture!

Quote Originally Posted by silencio
    I wish Far Cry was longer. I went through it a few times and drove the boats and jeep around
    Go to their Forums page...you'll come across a link to a MOD site....yes, there's already MODs for the demo!

Swim with the sharks, drive a tank, shut down the heli's in order to survey the whole island, etc....
    It is too late to fix America via the Republicans or Democrats, and too early to start shooting the bastards.

Lex et Libertas -- Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis

WOTPP Light Air Support Wing