64 FX-51 on ASUS SK8V won't play BF or CS

Thread: 64 FX-51 on ASUS SK8V won't play BF or CS

64 FX-51 on ASUS SK8V won't play BF or CS

This is kinda crazy... Whenever I attempt to play CS or BF, this system loads each game about 1/2 way or so, then just stops.. lol The computer doesn't freeze up, and I can play on our LAN server here locally, and I can play in single player mode... Another thing that's kinda crazy is that other people online can see me enter the game, but with a ping or latency of zero, then "disconnected"... It seems that I can get into games with nobody else in there (but nobody ever joins) , and I actually made it into a couple games last night somehow, but the whole time my ping was zero. I did all the PunkBuster, etc. stuff and on BF, I have 1.6... STEAM on CS... This computer is a sweet ride... just wish I could play some online games.. lol Any info is appreciated...

AMD 64 FX-51
    ASUS SK8V Bios 1002 Beta
    (the above problems happened on 1001 final also)
    1 gig Corsair XMS Registered 3200
    ATI 9800 Pro
    RocketRaid 404 with 2 Seagate 40's:
    AMD 64 FX-51
    ASUS SK8V (1002 Final)
    1 gig (2X512)Corsair XMS 400 DDR Registered 3200
    Adaptec 2410SA with 4 36Gig Raptors running Raid 0
    ATI 9800 Pro
    DirectX 9.0b
    Antec "True Control" 550
    Windows XP Pro SP1a

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Racer
    This is kinda crazy... Whenever I attempt to play CS or BF, this system loads each game about 1/2 way or so, then just stops.. lol The computer doesn't freeze up, and I can play on our LAN server here locally, and I can play in single player mode... Another thing that's kinda crazy is that other people online can see me enter the game, but with a ping or latency of zero, then "disconnected"... It seems that I can get into games with nobody else in there (but nobody ever joins) , and I actually made it into a couple games last night somehow, but the whole time my ping was zero. I did all the PunkBuster, etc. stuff and on BF, I have 1.6... STEAM on CS... This computer is a sweet ride... just wish I could play some online games.. lol Any info is appreciated...

AMD 64 FX-51
    ASUS SK8V Bios 1002 Beta
    (the above problems happened on 1001 final also)
    1 gig Corsair XMS Registered 3200
    ATI 9800 Pro
    RocketRaid 404 with 2 Seagate 40's:
    Latest video, network, and sound drivers?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger
    Latest video, network, and sound drivers?
    Yessir.... I've gone beyond the call of duty here; doin' everything by the book..several times.... Was just looking over @ AMD Forum and 5 other ppl posting the same exact problem... Any ideas ?

Thanks !
    AMD 64 FX-51
    ASUS SK8V (1002 Final)
    ATI 9800 Pro
    DirectX 9.0b
    Antec "True Control" 550
    Windows XP Pro SP1a

I figured out what the problem was on my 64-FX.. I have a commercial account with Road Runner here, and recently had them change out my old modem with a new, more powerful one. The installer hooked it up just like the one before it, into the WAN port of my Linksys Router. Altho a red light came on the modem, all of my computers here still worked fine online, as did his laptop, and all but one of my systems played high end games just fine, like Battlefield 1942 and Counter Strike. Only my 64 FX-51 wouldn't play those games, altho it would allow me to access the Internet and email. After contacting RR techs, it turns out that this modem they installed was a brand new one, and it is a router also, (the "new wave"), so it should have been installed in the uplink port on my router, just like you would treat a typical router/switch application. After doing so, the green light came lit up on their modem, and I dispensed with my Linksys router, now only needing a switch, and all things work great. Thank You very much ! Jason Powers
    AMD 64 FX-51
    ASUS SK8V (1002 Final)
    ATI 9800 Pro
    DirectX 9.0b
    Antec "True Control" 550
    Windows XP Pro SP1a