Forcing Ghost 2003 to act like Ghost Corporate Edition!!!!

Thread: Forcing Ghost 2003 to act like Ghost Corporate Edition!!!!

Lightbulb Forcing Ghost 2003 to act like Ghost Corporate Edition!!!!

Alright after getting all kinds of help from all of you I feel it is my turn to contribute something to the forum other than my sarcastic whit and humor. Here is something for you all that I have been working on for a little while now, I just finished it today.

If you have Ghost 2003 and hate having to walk back to restart the ghost slave server when you make or image a drive try this. After I created the two boot disks that I need to run ghost I recreated the Autoexe.bat file on the slave disk with the following.

@ECHO OFF
    SET TZ=GHO+08:00
    PROMPT $P$G
    \NET\NETBIND.COM
    MOUSE.COM
    ECHO LOADING...
    CD GHOST
    :JUMP
    GHOST.EXE -TCPS
    GOTO JUMP

This will make the Ghost server restart itself after every image. This works great in my environment!!!
    Growing up I've spent half of my money on Fast cars, fast women and Booze the other half I just wasted!

I'm assuming this is NG enterprise right?

I've found that by having a share on my server and just backing up via the share works really good too. No reboots needed (other than the system I'm backing up or restoring!) good tip none the less
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo

I've found that by having a share on my server and just backing up via the share works really good too. No reboots needed (other than the system I'm backing up or restoring!) good tip none the less
    this is how we do it here at work. I always thought this was a little backwards because a multicast ghost cast server should take up far less network bandwidth. but for some reason when I was running ghost cast servers it was crippling the network . . . so I got onboard with the backup to network shares too.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo

NOPE. This is Norton Ghost 2003 not the Enterprise Edition. That's what makes this so Frigin cool. You force Ghost 2003 to run like Enterprise. No reboots of the server after imaging or serial numbers to apply, all automatic.
    Growing up I've spent half of my money on Fast cars, fast women and Booze the other half I just wasted!