Hi,

I've just bought myself a ByteStor 256Mb USB2.0 pen drive, which is starting to drive me crazy! I use it on 3 machines (work, home and college) and its fine on the work (Compaq Evo - Win XP SP1) and college (Elonex - Win2K) boxes, but constantly crashes my home PC. The box is home built - Abit KT7A v1.3 mobo, GeForce FX5200 graphics, Ali USB 2.0 pci card, Win XP SP1, - and each time I try and stop the device to remove it I get a quick BSOD, then the PC reboots. If I try and eject the device, same thing. If I leave it connected for a while, same thing again after a random amount of time.

I've tried all the latest drivers I can think of (except flashing the BIOS - thats to be done this weekend), checked all patches I can think of, including getting the USB 1.1 & 2.0 patch from M$. Nothing seems to help.

I've contacted ByteStor tech support (4 days ago) but I haven't had a response yet. I really don't don't want to send the drive back as it was a great price (cheapskate, I know), and I use ByteStor CF cards in a number of devices and they've always been great. Anyone any ideas what I can do to try and resolve this?