[RESOLVED] Original bios software needed

Thread: [RESOLVED] Original bios software needed

marlo

Resolved [RESOLVED] Original bios software needed

I have a US Robotics Sportster winmodem 33.6k
    I accidently upgraded my modem to 56k and now it does not want to work. Can someone please email me to original bios software or is there a way that I can restore my original bios settings for my modem.
    I desperately need your help.
    My email address is [email protected]

In one of the really, really Blue states.

I am assuming what you mean by upgrading your modem is that you downloaded the winmodem 56k driver? Or did you flash the firmware on the modem? If you just put in the 56k driver(which by itself should make most 33.6 modems into 56k, little known fact)go into system-device manager-modem and find the driver file details and write them down, and make copies. uninstall the modem,reboot to safe mode. delete all those files(except, the one that is the windows file(you can see the difference by the name). reboot normally and install the 33.6 driver when prompted.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Originally posted by techs:
    I am assuming what you mean by upgrading your modem is that you downloaded the winmodem 56k driver? Or did you flash the firmware on the modem? If you just put in the 56k driver(which by itself should make most 33.6 modems into 56k, little known fact)go into system-device manager-modem and find the driver file details and write them down, and make copies. uninstall the modem,reboot to safe mode. delete all those files(except, the one that is the windows file(you can see the difference by the name). reboot normally and install the 33.6 driver when prompted.
    i edited this because i reread your post title and see you did upgrade the firmware. I did this once in the past on the usr, and had to take the modem out of the system devices, and reboot, and let the system find the modem, which because of the flash the system detects as a different modem. then i had to install a different driver. perhaps you can get yours to work this way?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush