CDMA Wireless Internet Connection over WiFi network

Thread: CDMA Wireless Internet Connection over WiFi network

CDMA Wireless Internet Connection over WiFi network

Has anyone succesfully enabled internet sharing of a CDMA WiFi over a network? Here's the setup. Late model Dell laptop with Verizon CDMA WiFi sharing its WiFi with 2 other XP laptops and 1 2K laptop. Hardware right now is a Netgear 54 mbps Wireless Router. Is this possible? Thanks in advanced for the help.

So the dell laptop has a cdma card in it (ie modem)? If so does it show up in the network connections? If so then right clik on it and go to advanced and then check the allow others to use this internet connection. This will allow sharing of that connection. Then disable dhcp on the netgear router and setup your wireless network normal like (change ssid on the netgear, enable mac filtering and disable ssid broadcast for starters then look into enabling wep if you are real paranoid about security). That should do it. Good luck.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo
    So the dell laptop has a cdma card in it (ie modem)? If so does it show up in the network connections? If so then right clik on it and go to advanced and then check the allow others to use this internet connection. This will allow sharing of that connection. Then disable dhcp on the netgear router and setup your wireless network normal like (change ssid on the netgear, enable mac filtering and disable ssid broadcast for starters then look into enabling wep if you are real paranoid about security). That should do it. Good luck.
    Thanks Gollo!

Just don't expect anything to be "blazing" in the way of speed though.

Even if your router supports higher speeds, the CDMA network is going to be your bottleneck.

I'm deployng BlackBerry handhelds in my shop right now on the CDMA2000 1x network, and the speeds are *just slightly* over 56K quality - and this is using text almost exclusively (WAP sites).
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams