0 0%
  • I'm waiting for the PC, GC, PS2 port

3 27.27%
  • Is that pronounced guy-dan?

2 18.18%

Thread: Ninja Gaiden

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar

Ninja Gaiden

I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread on this already....

The demo is pretty good, (comes with Xbox Magazine), and is surprisingly difficult, (I still beat it though.

You get all 3 main weapons from the start, (the dragon sword, a flail which you use as nunchuks, and a dobule handed sword). All have their different combos/ups/downs...

So anyone else been playing the demo or have the full version?
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

Internet Linebacker
    Don't own it yet, but I've heard nothing but good about it, so I'll pick it up sooner or later. I'm more pressed for the Metal Gear Solid remake on GameCube this week. God damn Nintendo...finally have a game that I have to buy a GC for...

i picked it up friday night (full version) and it is damn hard. It is a good game, although it can be frustrating at times. the camera isnt free moving. it just kinda stays at what it thinks is teh best angle. you can hit a button to center it behind you, but you cant just move it where you want. this can ber very frustrating. it isnt that bad, but alot of the time you will be fighting enemies that are off the screen.

the regular levels are pretty decent and fun..however the boss battles are nothing short of ridiculous. Unless you are some kind of gaming wizard..be prepared to replay boss battles over and over and over again. The worst part is that when you die fighting the boss, most of the time you have to go back through part of teh level again and fight more regular enemies.

the second boss in particular is a pain in the ***. i think i tried that one over 20 times before i finally defeated him. The camera really is a pain during the boss battles. during the regular levels you can deal with it..but with the bosses, one false move and you are screwed...so the split second it takes to readjust to the camera position, usually costs you valuable life points.

Not that it is a bad game..i find it enjoyable.....but you have to be patient and be willing to play levels over and over again. I dont regret buying it..but i can only play so long before i get sick of replaying a level
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Ninja Gay-dan?

i thought only pirates were gay.
    It's good to be the King.

Banned
    No, it is only Ninja's that are gay

is it coming out for ps2? all i heard about was x-box....
    No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong

Comprehension is not a prerequisite of your cooperation.

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar
    I haven't heard about other consoles either. I just assume there will be one as most popular games do get ported over...
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

i doubt it will get ported..Team Ninja (makers of ninja gaiden, doa series) have stated on numerous occasions that they like to only work with the best hardware and thats why they make their games xbox exclusive
    Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delmer_1
    i doubt it will get ported..Team Ninja (makers of ninja gaiden, doa series) have stated on numerous occasions that they like to only work with the best hardware and thats why they make their games xbox exclusive
    If they want to make for the best hardware then they need to go over to the gamecube
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Dreamer
    If they want to make for the best hardware then they need to go over to the gamecube
    Seeing as I own both systems I can say with impunity that you are wrong.
    The GC is a d@mn good system but it's not "the best" hardware and even with all other things being even the sound on the xbox is still superior to the GC.
    Then you can tack on being able to download your own CD music for certain games, built in NIC, ability to output to HDTV @1080i and even the fact that it can play regular DVD's, and because of the built-in hard drive has no need for a card to save your games to PLUS being able to download and store extra levels and game upgrades....

Like I said GC is a good system but it's certainly not the best there is.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Quote Originally Posted by Kineda
    is it coming out for ps2? all i heard about was x-box....
    Nope, it's an Xbox exclusive; unfortunately, I don't think the PS2 could handle the game at 60 frames per second; maybe 30, but I'm not sure.

Then again, I'd wish Square-Enix wouldn't just release the Final Fantasy games on PS2, but as long as I own both systems, I'm not too too worried
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Budster64
    Seeing as I own both systems I can say with impunity that you are wrong.
    The GC is a d@mn good system but it's not "the best" hardware and even with all other things being even the sound on the xbox is still superior to the GC.
    Then you can tack on being able to download your own CD music for certain games, built in NIC, ability to output to HDTV @1080i and even the fact that it can play regular DVD's, and because of the built-in hard drive has no need for a card to save your games to PLUS being able to download and store extra levels and game upgrades....

Like I said GC is a good system but it's certainly not the best there is.

couldn't have said it better myself. I Have xbox, gamecube, and ps2..and the xbox is by far more powerfull than the other two.