Input Issues on Dell Inspiron 8200 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Input Issues on Dell Inspiron 8200

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Lot of dell people are complaining that mp3's skip or sound distorted with the dell drivers.
    Yeah I noticed that problem after a few months of use also. The main problem that I have been describing seems to have been alleviated apparently...

I uninstalled Symantic AV and went down to version 7.6 from 8.0 (v7.6 was still called Norton; I'm able to get these since UCONN provides a corporate edition to students/professors for free), and after uninstalling Symantic AV 8.0, problem of major skipping of the mouse/sound/keyboard typing was gone. I then installed Norton AV 7.6 for the sake of needing to have an AV program. Problem hasn't showed up so far, but I will post if it does.

I am also spyware/adware/malware free and really always have been, so that really didn't seems as if it was the issue.

Sound slightly skips/distorts like you said NooNoo, but I think that's a Dell issue; any new drivers for the sound card that may not be on Dell's site (I know it's Crystal sound)?

EDIT: I did not format my HDD or anything at all; I just did the AV procedure I mentioned above. I also haven't installed ZoneAlarm again, but I will and see what happens.
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

I've had a Dell Inspiron 8200 from almost the week they were introduced and have had no issue other than the one pixel line that now runs vertically in the screen. (Hardware issue in the screen itself.) The lap is now our of warranty and im sure they would hammer me good for a screen. The issue isn't from abuse, the lap is only used in one place and not abused at all.

I've had some mousestick creep if I mess with it sometimes, but only for a minute. I usually don't use the mousestick and use the touchpad anyway.

No issues as far as sound or display, mp3s or anything else.

XP Pro OS.

Anyone know how common the screen glitch is and if theres any policy about it? It's clearly a defect & not user abuse. But again, the lap is no longer under warranty.

Carpel

I have noticed some delays occasionally, but that is only when Norton Pro 2004 A/V is updating. Soon as it's done, no delays. But that's just heavy CPU & I/O use. Not something faulty on the Inspiron.

Carpel

I had a drifting mouse problem. I've tried and so far succeeded in solving the problem by disabling the touchpad and stickmouse. If your machine isn't recently purchased, you may need to download a new driver from Dell in order to get these options in your control panel.

Have you updated the drivers/firmware? I had a similar issue about a year ago on my 8200 and there were update drivers, and BIOS, which resolved the issue.

I've never had major issues with Dell, and when things do fail they've always been very responsive in getting me replacement parts.