What's an Easy Way to Clean Nozzles On an Epson C60?

Thread: What's an Easy Way to Clean Nozzles On an Epson C60?

What's an Easy Way to Clean Nozzles On an Epson C60?

I have an Epson C-60 printer. Its a good printer except the nozzles get clogged quite easily. This happens especially to color. Every time I clean it with the nozzle cleaner it wastes a tremendous amount of ink. Does anybody know of an easier way to clean the nozzles? Maybe some kind of alcohol swap? If so, where and how do I apply it?

Thanks,
    Orangeman
    Bouncy Bouncy

I take it you've already checked out FAQs for the Epson C60. It lists a couple of ways to clean the nozzles...one is from the PC itself and one if from the front panel of the printer. It also states to ensure that you are using genuine EPSON ink cartridges.

Also, notice the link for Documentation at the top of that webpage...there just might be something there that you're missing.

Hope this helps out. If you find a good solution, please post it here so that we might all learn something.

The good solution

The good solution is to use a special product, the powerklin, the unclogg the nozzles. I have tried it and I am satisfied with this product

John
    Last edited by JPSSAU; December 5th, 2005 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSSAU
    The good solution is to use a special product, the powerklin, the unclogg the nozzles. I have tried it and I am satisfied with this product

John
    Hmmm..gonna have to try that one..certainly looks more effective than the 24-48 hour soaking and the special pads we used in the Epson service center.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Cleaning Epson C60 print head

My experience with printers which have fixed print heads, ie Epson and Cannon, is this. Throw them in the trash can and use only HP or Lexmark. I have had experience with Cannon and Epson printers, including removing the print head assembly and cleaning it in distilled water in an ultrasonic cleaner. This is a major task, and generally was unsuccessful. The Lexmark may not do the best printing job, but it is relable and if the print head fails you trash the print head and go to the next one. They also take well to refills. The current black print head in my Z715 printer is on it's 10th refill and going strong. This has been my solution. If you don't accept this advice, then I suggest that you spend the extra for a service contract, as you will be needing it!
    Jim

I have had experience with Cannon and Epson printers, including removing the print head assembly and cleaning it in distilled water in an ultrasonic cleaner. This is a major task, and generally was unsuccessful.
    I certainly agree with you regarding HP, with the printhead built in to the print cartridge..but why use water to clean a non-water soluble ink? Epson Service Centers have a special solvent that dilutes the ink without damaging rubber or plastic parts, etc. but it takes a while to use...all in all, hp is the way to go.
    Computer Rescue Service

"those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it."

Epson c60

Didn't know that the Epson ink was not water soluable. It will certainly run if washed whie still not dry. Cannon, at one time had a removable print head which also had removable ink tanks. You saved money on ink, and could also trash the print head if it died. I guess that was too practical, and was done away with.
    Jim