Lexmarkx1150 All In One Cannot Be Installed!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lexmarkx1150 All In One Cannot Be Installed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by midniteal
    My 1150 is now installed and working!! Thanks very much to the person upstream who suggest rinstalling the USB Controllers. I had a bit of problem getting them reinstalled, but finally did. The problem appears to have been with USB drivers originally defined for my machine. They weren't compatible with
    Lexmark's installation setup. Here's what happened for the benefit of some other poor soul who spends hours trying to install this printer with the
    "Printer not attached" message.

1) I deleted the root controllers for my two ports (maybe it would have been better/safer/wiser to delete only the one controlling the printer)
    2) Rebooted to reinstall the USB drivers. I might would have been wise to have gone to HP's web site and found drivers maching my machine, but then I might have been right back where I started. At boot time the install wizard came up "Unkown" devices needed to be installed. This threw me for a spell (expected USB not unknown). I tried letting windows search for the drivers with no luck. Eventually, I took a different route in Wizard, I believe I specified browse, forget. I installed from the Windows drivers directory, USBHUB.SYS. I think this is not the original drivers asso. with my controllers but they are working.
    3) Now started Lexmark installation. During this installation a dll was missing? I went to C:/i386 and found the dll. After unstalling a partial install due to this problem and starting install again, the dll was found and the install completed successfully.
    4) I've scanned and printed OK from 1150 windows, so I'm assuming my install was indeed successful.

It would have helped if Lexmark at least made mention of the fact that USB drivers could cause the "Printer not attached" msg. I've spent hours and days on this. Thanks very much for the assistance here.
    glad you got it sorted. I was just starting to sort out a response to the PM you sent about this but then saw from the other thread that you were on your way and now see the issue is resolved. good job.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by midniteal
    My 1150 is now installed and working!! Thanks very much to the person upstream who suggest rinstalling the USB Controllers. I had a bit of problem getting them reinstalled, but finally did. The problem appears to have been with USB drivers originally defined for my machine. They weren't compatible with
    Lexmark's installation setup. Here's what happened for the benefit of some other poor soul who spends hours trying to install this printer with the
    "Printer not attached" message.

1) I deleted the root controllers for my two ports (maybe it would have been better/safer/wiser to delete only the one controlling the printer)
    2) Rebooted to reinstall the USB drivers. I might would have been wise to have gone to HP's web site and found drivers maching my machine, but then I might have been right back where I started. At boot time the install wizard came up "Unkown" devices needed to be installed. This threw me for a spell (expected USB not unknown). I tried letting windows search for the drivers with no luck. Eventually, I took a different route in Wizard, I believe I specified browse, forget. I installed from the Windows drivers directory, USBHUB.SYS. I think this is not the original drivers asso. with my controllers but they are working.
    3) Now started Lexmark installation. During this installation a dll was missing? I went to C:/i386 and found the dll. After unstalling a partial install due to this problem and starting install again, the dll was found and the install completed successfully.
    4) I've scanned and printed OK from 1150 windows, so I'm assuming my install was indeed successful.

It would have helped if Lexmark at least made mention of the fact that USB drivers could cause the "Printer not attached" msg. I've spent hours and days on this. Thanks very much for the assistance here.
    Rats, as long as the above sequence is I forgot an important point. After step 3) I was asked by XP to install ""Printing Support"? (This created a Printing Support USB). This was key because this USB is what eliminated the "Printer not attached" msg. Sorry, for the long append. Unbelievable that installing a device could be this involved...

Question Same problem with Lexmark X1150

I have exactly the same problem...

I have bought a Lexmark X1150 and I have connected it via USB to a IBM ThinkPad T22 notebook (Pentium III, 700 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, with Windows XP in Spanish). The installation was successful, until I tried to print a test page. During the cartridges alignment test I received the message “Cartridges Stuck"; I supposed that it was a hardware error of the printer so I went back to the shop where they gave me another X1150 printer. I install the new printer and followed the same procedure, and the same error appeared again.

I tested the USB cable, which works correctly, I’ve performed the hardware test directly from the printer and the printer gave me an OK; however when I wanted to print anything (test page, from notepad, from WordPad, from MS word, etc I received the message “Cartridges Stuck" again. Consulting in Lexmark Knowledgebase I found the ENUS13891 procedure which I have followed, but the problem persists.

I have tested the printer in another machine with Windows 2000 and it works correctly. I have updated the drivers with the versions that I found at Lexmark website and the problem persists. I have called to their technical support and after repeating all the steps that I had already carried out, their conclusion was that it was a Windows problem.

I asked Microsoft and their recommendation was that it was a driver problem (under Lexmark responsibility). I uninstalled everything and installed all back again (W2K drivers first & did not work son I uninstlled them and installed XP drivers.... same problem ), including the USB ports and the problem persists.

The Scanner works perfectly. What else can I do? I have the printer for 15 days and I have not been able to print neither a single sheet...

From the sounds of it this particular printer is a waste of money. I would suggest taking it back to where you bought it and buying an HP printer or other brand.

Where I work, I get at least 1 person a week with a lexmark printer that has trouble installing it. I get maybe 1 person a year that has trouble installing an Hp or canon or epson.

Don't like Lexmark, heh DA? I don't blame you.

Lexmark and Epson are evil, but epson is less evil than lexmark.