Dell Customer Service Improvement?
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Customer Service Improvement?

Lightbulb Dell Customer Service Improvement?

Just had a rather pleasant experience with Dell Customer Support, the Gold Client side I must admit.

Broken monitor, reported, diagnosed agree and replacement dispatched within 10 minutes (replacement arriving tomorrow).

Well shocked. E-mail confirmation sent, tracking link sent to keep an eye on the progress of the call/replacement monitor, and a courtesy call to ask if I was happy with the service.

Am I dreaming?

What next a secure MS OS?

Quote Originally Posted by corturbra
    Just had a rather pleasant experience with Dell Customer Support, the Gold Client side I must admit.

Broken monitor, reported, diagnosed agree and replacement dispatched within 10 minutes (replacement arriving tomorrow).

Well shocked. E-mail confirmation sent, tracking link sent to keep an eye on the progress of the call/replacement monitor, and a courtesy call to ask if I was happy with the service.

Am I dreaming?

What next a secure MS OS?
    How long did you wait on hold before you got to talk to a rep? And did he or she speak good english? Thats when you know things are going seriously awry in the world.
    Can't never did anything except whine about what he couldn't do.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

http://www.northernaurora.com/page/index.html
    http://www.northernaurora.com/page/chat.html Free Chat

Quote Originally Posted by nunob
    How long did you wait on hold before you got to talk to a rep? And did he or she speak good english? Thats when you know things are going seriously awry in the world.
    Straight through, English speaking AND I was given a extension number to call back on if the monitor does not arrive!

World has gone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by corturbra
    Straight through, English speaking AND I was given a extension number to call back on if the monitor does not arrive!

World has gone crazy.
    Can't never did anything except whine about what he couldn't do.
    Do, or do not. There is no try.

http://www.northernaurora.com/page/index.html
    http://www.northernaurora.com/page/chat.html Free Chat

Just had another clusterf*** from Dell. Ordered a replacement fan for a computer, got the wrong one, and then found out that the right was is no longer manufactured or stocked.

My experience. USA Dell good. India Dell bad.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Just had another clusterf*** from Dell. Ordered a replacement fan for a computer, got the wrong one, and then found out that the right was is no longer manufactured or stocked.

My experience. USA Dell good. India Dell bad.

I had a similar experience. I had to order a replacment CDROM drive for a Dell webPC. The system uses a laptop style CDROM drive. I called Dell, got a price and order the drive. I should have seen the drive in 3 days. After 7 days, I calld Dell and they had automatically cancelled the order on me without a reason. After hours on the phone with Dell USA and India, I found that the drive was discontinued. I ended up ordering a CDROM for a laptop (same model number), and modifying it to fit the Dell webPC.
    "The labor's free, it's your attitude that costs $120.00 an hour."

BS:IT, CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCSA, MCITP:EA, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Project+, CIW

Most of the complaints i get are about the india helpdesk, language probs, follow the script or you don't get anywhere. I deal mainly with the Irish call center and sometimes the USA if it's after midnight.

You shouldn't have any problems with Gold queue and above because you've paid for the support. I deal mainly with gold and enterprise storage when i'm up to my elbows in a server or SAN.

Dell are continually looking at ways to improve the "customer Experience" and as a tech i'm part of that and i see it when i phone in but saying that, they don't get it right 100% of the time.

Hi there,

Dell CS sucks. I got one a year ago for my brother. Ends up the speakers didn't work. They send in a replacement, wrong one, then they send another one and I have to send the wring back. Then, testing it, then send the defected one again, all this took me 1 month to get it all done.

Ju Leon...
    Otaku Anime Network
    http://www.otakuanime.com/

Guardian Of The Sailor Scouts Universe
    http://www.guardiansenshi.net/

The Sailor Scouts Gallery
    http://www.kawaiisenshi.com/

I got this call a coule of weeks ago.

Customer gets brand new Dell computer.

She can't open e-mail attachements, calls dell tech support.

They tell her she can't open attachments, because her computer has a virus. She should put in the recovery CD, and then call back if it don't work.

When she still! coud not open attachments, she called me instead, I fixed her up over the phone in 2 minutes.

Windows XP sp1 IE/OE 6 sp1.

Who else knows the answer?
    "Really???
    What Fun Is A Computer That Works?!?"

PLEASE! Do not mistake my laziness for lack of concern!

Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by flackt
    I got this call a coule of weeks ago.

Customer gets brand new Dell computer.

She can't open e-mail attachements, calls dell tech support.

They tell her she can't open attachments, because her computer has a virus. She should put in the recovery CD, and then call back if it don't work.

When she still! coud not open attachments, she called me instead, I fixed her up over the phone in 2 minutes.

Windows XP sp1 IE/OE 6 sp1.

Who else knows the answer?
    OE security. What do I win?

!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!

!You are OFFICIALLY to smart to work at Dell Customer Support!

"Really???

Hi there,

Honestly, Dell sucks. Good deal, but the case is super bad design, especially the loading CD/DVD slots.

Ju Leon...
    Otaku Anime Network
    http://www.otakuanime.com/

Guardian Of The Sailor Scouts Universe
    http://www.guardiansenshi.net/

The Sailor Scouts Gallery
    http://www.kawaiisenshi.com/

We have a few hundred units at work and paid the extra money for the Gold Support. It's quite a bit more money for a home user, but most businesses can probably afford it.

Hold times have been non-existent with the gold support, and the reps actually speak English, which is VERY rare in this industry. I don't have to argue with those people... I tell them what's wrong and what part I need, and it's in my hands within 4 hours no questions asked.

On the consumer side... my mother just bought a Dell system 2 weeks ago and it has a defective modem. I made the call to 1-800-India, and after 2 hours of going through the useless BS flowchart.... we haven't made any actual progress other than wrecking the PC with their constant need to run system restore.

Have you noticed these people can NOT think outside of the box? They will read their little paper word for word without deviation... and nothing you say will influence what they are going to put you through. I can't stand the flowcharts.

Click on the start menu in the lower left hand corner of your screen, click on settings, then control panel... 82 more steps to get into device manager only to find out there is NO HARDWARE CONFLICT which is probably due to the fact that it's BRAND NEW and OUT OF THE BOX. Simple logic would have worked for me here, but apparently it's not part of that technical support training.

ok another one.
    Customer installed program on computer. It would not run.
    She got tired of waiting to talk to someone, and signed up for Gold support.
    She then got to talk to someone, who told her to put in her recovery CD, then reinstall the program, and call back if it did not work.
    Then she called me, I got the name of the program did a Google on it, noted that it needed Java to run.
    I went to her house installed Java Virtual Machine, and started her program.
    She had sp 1a which kills windows virtual machine.
    When I explained what I did to fix it, she was furious at Dell.
    I suggested she call her credit card company, and charge back, the Gold purchase.
    When I left she was dialing the phone.

Customer: "Thank God someone finally answered! There is Smoke coming from my new Dell!"

Dell award winning Customer Service: "Okay Ma'am Listen carefully, put in your Recovery CD , and restart the Computer."

"Really???

I called DELL one time for a non tech co-worker. Was going to be a quick call during lunch. In the end, I felt new pride in my job and to some degree, happy I had one. I did fell sort of bad for the guy in India trying to understand my local accent. The guy was busting his *** on the call (trying to stick to the script) and it had to go up a level for apporval.

I wasted an hour testing the part getting my facts strait to make the call go smooth. My bad. Got the part replaced after the one call. But still....painfull.

I thought the design was OK for basic home use, and hey "You can keep your weed in it!"