Looking For work
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking For work

Talking Looking For work

Hello all,

I know this is my first post here but, I would like to ask everyone a Question. I work with a Company that is seeking Tech Reps All across the U.S. to handle Computer Problems. No charge to you. Direct pay by the person you do the work for.

If interested let me know I will then and only then post a link to the site.

Thanks,

Howlerckc

any work on new york city ?

All Across The U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by natcom
    any work on new york city ?
    This is Brand New guys it's not MLM or anything like that. I work with about 200 Nationwide ISP's(Internet Service Provders). When a Customer calls their Tech support line, if it is determined that it is computer equipment problem, sometimes these ISP's loose that customer. So they made a Professional Tech Rep Referral system at no Charge to the Tech or Customer. They give the Customer your contact info, the Customer contacts you directly. You and the Customer deteremines the rates and times. They ask the customer to give feedback about your service for future calls.

edited by NooNoo: Removed until thread questions answered in pm. Go here to signup it is pretty plain, but thats for a reason right now.

Thanks

Howlerckc
    Last edited by NooNoo; March 29th, 2004 at 11:20 AM.

You have GOT to be kidding. There is no such thing as a free lunch...this just looks like a farm for addresses to SPAM, if you ask me.

Either spammers or carpetbaggers...take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy
    You have GOT to be kidding. There is no such thing as a free lunch...this just looks like a farm for addresses to SPAM, if you ask me.

Either spammers or carpetbaggers...take your pick.

whats a carpetbagger? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Komodo
    whats a carpetbagger? lol
    Post Civil War phenomenon in USA where basically, someone moved to the south and set up operations to funnel the money North at the expense of the locals.

Requires a certain amount of gullibility on the part of the locals.

For instance, I get calls from Temp Agencys in Seattle who bid jobs up here in Alaska, and then want to farm it out to me for $15-$20 per hour.

I tell them not only is that not in my best interests, but I don't even get out of bed for less than $30 per hour for my best friends.

You bid it, you do the job. Had I wanted the job, I would have bid for it.

Hope this helps

mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy
    Post Civil War phenomenon in USA where basically, someone moved to the south and set up operations to funnel the money North at the expense of the locals.

Requires a certain amount of gullibility on the part of the locals.

For instance, I get calls from Temp Agencys in Seattle who bid jobs up here in Alaska, and then want to farm it out to me for $15-$20 per hour.

I tell them not only is that not in my best interests, but I don't even get out of bed for less than $30 per hour for my best friends.

You bid it, you do the job. Had I wanted the job, I would have bid for it.

Hope this helps
    Maybe not on-topic but all my best friends get all IT labor for free in exchange for free drinks, financial advice, 'other services'...etc etc.....that's what friends and acquiantances are for.........I got a membership into a private nightclub last time I did some IT favors, as well got set up with an extremely hot date......that's how the world turns..........most techies don't understand this...
    RCVC (Russian Certified Vodka Drinker), Meathead+

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioIlya
    Maybe not on-topic but all my best friends get all IT labor for free in exchange for free drinks, financial advice, 'other services'...etc etc.....that's what friends and acquiantances are for.........I got a membership into a private nightclub last time I did some IT favors, as well got set up with an extremely hot date......that's how the world turns..........most techies don't understand this...
    yeah but your perfect

I'll tell you what I do understand and it is this: give someone an inch and they'll take a mile. give someone free support and you'll be giving free support to them until the day you die. give them a spare modem you have laying around and when their motherboard dies, do you think they are going to want to pay to replace it? ("$80??? but you replaced my modem - don't you have a spare you could give me?")

I've given people systems and specifically said "this is free, you are on your own. no tech support from me." yet who calls during dinner asking how to setup a dial up connection . . . . or worse.

I know people are going to want to take that "mile" I don't believe it's always malicious or even intentional most of the time. it's just human nature. the only people who get free stuff from me are the people whom I'm willing to give that "mile" to without any questions, obligations, or resentment. and that list is pretty much just my immediate family and one or two VERY close friends. everyone else better come up with some cash. because when they have to pay me $25 to fix their dial up connection on monday, they are less likely to call me for something equally stupid on tuesday and either go through the appropriate tech support channels (like dell etc) or even research the problem and learn to fix it themselves. and when they have to pay for a complete reload when their kid F's up the computer they are more likely to have the kid be more careful or at the very least make him work off the cost (which at least is teaching him something)
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

I give no free work, it has always came back to me in a bad way with constant phone calls. I had a friend of a friend of mine call me about a network issue at his business. I did a favor for my friend and fixed his problem. He just kepted calling me for about everything. When I finally told him that I would have to charge him, he got mad like I was suppose to use up all of my free time for his company. He still used me and I got to charge him $175.00 ($35.00 per hour, min that I will work after hours). Now I do not get that many phone calls. Why do people think that all because they cannot get on the internet, that it is an emergency for you. You do not call a doctor at home and expect him to care for you for free.

A side note, I do not even like to give support to my wife. At night when she is on the computer and has a problem, I tell her to figure it out on her own. I got out of support about four years and focus just on networking. I love it, no more idiot phone calls!
    "Computer, compute to the last digit the value of pi" -- Spock (Wolf in the Fold)

"The best diplomat that I know is a fully-loaded phaser bank." -- Lt. Cdr. Montgomery Scott ("A Taste of Armageddon")

"Please, Spock, do me a favor ... 'n' don't say it's `fascinating'..." -- Dr. McCoy
    "No... but it is... interesting..." -- Spock (The Ultimate Computer)

Registered User Commander Klarg's Avatar
    I do free tech support for family, mainly because they do or have done stuff for me for nothing. I make them pay for parts, but no labor. Friends, depends on the problem, generally I get compensated for it.

Anyone that doesn't fall within that group get charged for my time and effort, generally it's co-workers looking to get Windows working or upgrading a PC, once in a while a new PC.

I get asked about stuff all the time, and I do give free advice. YMMV.
    Here comes the revolution; time for the retribution.

Free Referral Service

This is not an Email grabber. We are looking for Computer Repair Techs to send out to our Customers locations so we do not loose them as customers, due to their equipment problem. So we are looking for Techs for that. We will not sell your info, we do not charge you a fee, we do not charge the customer a Fee. We are doing this to keep our Customer base, up and running. If their computers don't work they don't pay us for internet service. It's that simple.

We already have the database setup in our call centers, we are now looking for Techs to put in there.

You are not doing this for free either, you get paid from the Customer, not from us. DIRECT Pay, no waiting. IF customer has computer problem we give them your info to contact you. You set up rate and time with Customer, you do the service work you get paid from the Customer.

No other ISP company is doing this we are the first to do this.

Thats why our customers stay with us longer, and refer more customers to us because of the Features we add like this one.

Howlerckc

Quote Originally Posted by Howlerckc
    This is not an Email grabber. We are looking for Computer Repair Techs to send out to our Customers locations so we do not loose them as customers, due to their equipment problem. So we are looking for Techs for that. We will not sell your info, we do not charge you a fee, we do not charge the customer a Fee. We are doing this to keep our Customer base, up and running. If their computers don't work they don't pay us for internet service. It's that simple.

We already have the database setup in our call centers, we are now looking for Techs to put in there.

You are not doing this for free either, you get paid from the Customer, not from us. DIRECT Pay, no waiting. IF customer has computer problem we give them your info to contact you. You set up rate and time with Customer, you do the service work you get paid from the Customer.

No other ISP company is doing this we are the first to do this.

Thats why our customers stay with us longer, and refer more customers to us because of the Features we add like this one.

Howlerckc
    Do you have a link besides the sign up page? Which ISP's do you represent?
    "Really???
    What Fun Is A Computer That Works?!?"

PLEASE! Do not mistake my laziness for lack of concern!

Proud member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Links

Quote Originally Posted by flackt
    Do you have a link besides the sign up page? Which ISP's do you represent?
    We support, http://us-isp.net, http://blazingisp.net, http://logondubuque.com many more.
    Last edited by Howlerckc; March 24th, 2004 at 05:58 PM.

When it comes to friends, I work for beer. For others, $500+ a day min + expenses. Standard corporate rate.
    W

Family - I suffer through the free support. My mother brought me into the world, the least I can do is explain computer basics over the phone. My wife puts up with me, I can at least ease her pain.

But even friends, it has to be a very good friend to work without pay. Had one Dr that asked for advice several times and had me fix his PC at home for parts and "dinner." I gave him advice regarding his network at his office and then he did everything himself.
    But when I didn't order contacts through his office after an eye exam, whoa! I was betraying friendship.

Funny how computer people are treated like nothing and expected to work miracles on the spot. My line now if someone says "while you are here, can you fix my PC." I am gonna say, "sure, just like a doctor can do an open heart surgery without his insturments and without know the patients history and do it on a picnic bench with people watching."

Sorry, that Dr. still irritates me.
    Tr!une

Postcount = Legit Postcount + 1
    100+ all tech, no WOTPP