Linksys wireless network card in IBM Thinkpad T23

Thread: Linksys wireless network card in IBM Thinkpad T23

Linksys wireless network card in IBM Thinkpad T23

Hi, dear driver's gurus,
    I have installed windows 2003 server in IBM Thinkpad T23, I use the Linksys WPC54G wireless network card, i have downloaded the driver from its official website, it does not work!
    in the website, said the driver doesn't support the 95 and NT. it causes the fatal error, I have to uninstall the driver from the system.
    and the website show if there is some problem with the driver, there is an alternate link, it sounds beta version, but the link is not correct!
    How can I do, i like to use the wireless network card!

thanks in advanced that you can provide some information
    sincerely,
    imcol

thanks a lot daffy,
    i will try.
    but i have called the regional support and the guy said there is no driver for windows server 2003 until now.

I have downloaded the driver from the linksys, when it install, the system detect it is not compatible with the windows logo, and i continue to install, it seems work, it can link to the wireless router and i ping another computer's ip, it works, but just lasts for about 5 packages, and then i automatically disconnect, god!
    who can help?

driver for 2003 Server

Imcol,
    I had the same problem, everytime I tried to update the driver (3.30.15.0). it locked up the laptop (Sony Viao). I rebooted, then swapped the NIC to the other PCMCIA slot and guess what, it ran the driver install again and is working perfect. Who would have thunk?

Quote Originally Posted by imcol
    I have downloaded the driver from the linksys, when it install, the system detect it is not compatible with the windows logo, and i continue to install, it seems work, it can link to the wireless router and i ping another computer's ip, it works, but just lasts for about 5 packages, and then i automatically disconnect, god!
    who can help?

Welcome to Windrivers dawgmister

Would that be the bottom or the top slot you moved it to? I have a fuzzy recollection about some cardbus slots having different priorities and that the bottom slot was the one to use for network cards.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers dawgmister

Would that be the bottom or the top slot you moved it to? I have a fuzzy recollection about some cardbus slots having different priorities and that the bottom slot was the one to use for network cards.
    It was from the top to the bottom. Interesting thing went on with this, the system is dual-boot, in XP it works in either slot, but it did make me configure a new Network Adapter for each slot. In 2003 if I tried to move the card it locked up. Works fine in the bottom slot though...

Yup, I have had the same issue with PCMCIA and XP. Interminent errors and drops and if you move the card to the bottom, it works like a champ.