It's not my fault.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's not my fault.

In one of the really, really Blue states.

It's not my fault.

I am taking a vacation day and I am feeling frisky. A little quiz. Who am I talking about?

It's not my fault:
    1) the 9-11 tragedy.
    2) there really were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
    3) the fewest jobs have been created in the last 3 years since Herbert Hoover.
    4) the largest surplus has turned into the largest deficit-ever.
    5) our allies are deserting us.
    6) the price of oil is at it's highest ever-and rising.
    7) 3 million manufacturing jobs have been lost since 2000.
    8) in 2 and half years I couldn't catch bin laden.
    9) the stock market is at the same place it was 3 and a half years ago.
    10) more Americans have lost their health insurance in the last 3 and half years than in all the years previously combined.
    11) that the commission investigating the Iraq war intelligence failures won't give its report til after Jan2005
    12) the dollar has plunged to near record lows

You are very political these days. Are you trying to campaign against Bush for any reason in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    You are very political these days. Are you trying to campaign against Bush for any reason in particular?
    So are you attempting to look as stupid as George by asking that ? .. techs just gave you 12 reasons

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    So are you attempting to look as stupid as George by asking that ? .. techs just gave you 12 reasons
    And you gave me an additional reason to hate you...thanks!

And you gave me an additional reason to hate you...thanks!
    You hate me anyway ! because I know you are really 'teh gay' pussy Marine boy ! .. come on now don't tell me you are gonna vote for George again ? I mean how many elections can he fix !?!? .. reason 13 ..

During the previous campain it was a tossup for me between Bush and Gore. I like what Bush was saying during the campaign but I didn't trust him. After he got elected I felt that he had lied (well, all politicians lie) to such an enormous extent I was very disappointed. I was worried that if we let a President get away with being so radically different from what he campaigned on it would almost nullify our democracy. After 9-11 I felt Bush did and said all the right things. Afghanistan was brilliant. I was still extremely worried about his economic policies but I put my fears aside to support my President. Then came the weapons of mass destruction statements about Iraq. I believed my President because he obviously had info that he couldn't share with the rest of us for national security reasons.
    I started to have some misgivings when I watched Colin Powell at the Security Council. I felt sorry for him. It was obvious he had nothing but he gamely persevered.
    I supported Bush pressuring our allies toward war.
    Then there were no WMD's. Freakin' Rumsfeld had said "they have them and we know where they are".
    Then it turns out we were lied to by the President and Rummy. Not on something piddly but in order to take us to WAR.
    Then it turns out Saddam was not involved with Al-Qaeda. And bin laden is still running around Afghanistan.
    During this whole fiasco more and more of the Bush economic plan is taking effect and the economy is spinning down the tubes.
    So 3 and a half years later the guy who masterminded 9-11 is still alive. We wasted our resources on a war in Iraq on false pretenses. The President is claiming the economy is "just where I want it" and we are looking at the end of American economic dominance and the loss of our historic allies.
    So basically its "You are a lying dog and it's time to kick your a** out of office"

btw what do they do to lying commanding officers in the Marines?
    Last edited by techs; March 31st, 2004 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    I am taking a vacation day and I am feeling frisky. A little quiz. Who am I talking about?

It's not my fault:
    1) the 9-11 tragedy.
    10) more Americans have lost their health insurance in the last 3 and half years than in all the years previously combined.
    11) that the commission investigating the Iraq war intelligence failures won't give its report til after Jan2005
    Again, more reasons to NOT vote for Bush. Can you come up with anything else beside "I hate Bush, Bush sux, He's a liar"? Blind hatred for the man is what this looks like to me.

And still no reasons to vote for the other 2 guys. You can't win an election on an anti-candidate platform with a weak candidate, look at 1996. I have not heard/seen one single person getting excited to vote for John Kerry. There is no energy behind his candidacy, except the anti-Bush hatred.

I challenge you techs to post something positive and upbeat about the other two challengers to Pres. Bush instead of the daily anti-Bush garbage. Something on how they are better candidates and what they would do. Or are you even paying attention to who the Democrats have "nominated"?
    I am Scuzzlebutt, Lord of the Mountains, behold my Patrick Duffy leg!

I'm gonna start the 'none of the above' party ! ... because we could do with one over here too ! & I reckon its a sure fire winner !

Its a sad day indeed when you are reduced to voting for the 'least worst' candidate

Thumbs up

Check out my new sig...

'Nuff said.
    "YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAGH!!!" --Howard Dean, Chief of the Democratic Party

Quote Originally Posted by Zil
    Again, more reasons to NOT vote for Bush. Can you come up with anything else beside "I hate Bush, Bush sux, He's a liar"? Blind hatred for the man is what this looks like to me.

And still no reasons to vote for the other 2 guys. You can't win an election on an anti-candidate platform with a weak candidate, look at 1996. I have not heard/seen one single person getting excited to vote for John Kerry. There is no energy behind his candidacy, except the anti-Bush hatred.

I challenge you techs to post something positive and upbeat about the other two challengers to Pres. Bush instead of the daily anti-Bush garbage. Something on how they are better candidates and what they would do. Or are you even paying attention to who the Democrats have "nominated"?
    Agreed. Give us a top 12 list for why we should vote for the other guy. Yes, Bush may have made bad choices but I honestly think that Gore would have made far worse choices had he benn elected. But I digress. What Zil said.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

At this point "Stop Bush" is at the top of my list. 12 reasons for Kerry. the first really big one he is "He's not Bush"
    some others off the top of my head:
    1)will do something about reducing outsourcing.
    2)will restore the ecomic policies of the 90's which gave us the best 10 years since the post ww2 boom
    3)will fund education
    4)will protect Social Security
    5)will repair our relations with the world
    6)won't lead us into a another war by lying
    7)will protect the enviroment
    8)regulate big business to prevent Enrons, Tyco's etc
    9)will make us more secure by funding antiterrorist agancies here at home
    10)will protect the 40 hour week, unemployment insurance and workplace safety
    11) can name the major world leaders and find countries on the map
    12)is an honest to goodness American hero. Proven in battle.
    Who would you rather have face one-on-one in a locked room with Bin Laden. Kerry the war hero or Bush the weekend flier who had "fun" while Kerry fought for his country in Viet Nam?

Sigh.

1) the 9-11 tragedy.

Yeah, a guy in office for 2 months is responsible for this happening, sure. Bull****.

Except for the ones he used on those thousands of dead people

Could be, dunno, no comment

Sigh. See all of my earlier rants on how there never was any surplus and how anyone who still thinks there was up here is a stupid head. I do give you that GWB is spending Waaaaaaaaay to much damned money though and Clinton did begin to get things under control.

Who? How did they leave? Where did they go?

Never done that before with any other president ever. Nope, never happened ever. Nope.
    I have a bridge in new your I’d like to sell you if you’ve got some spare dough.

I thought it was a million and projected 3 million into the future? Besides, didn’t the democrats sign Nafta and the other free trade treaties that screwed us?

Neither did the president that did a lot less for 8 years previous to 2000.

And it dropped like a rock under the last Prez from an all time high under Ronnie and GB. Of course the Democrat party line was that the stock market meant nothing, ever. Well, until it suits them.

Could be, dunno, no comment.

This is the biggest bunch of BS I’ve ever seen. I know who’s to blame – THE TERRORISTS!!!!! DUH!

Again, dunno, no comment.

I'm probably not voting for Bush this time around mostly due to his right wing religious social agenda that I just can't stand. As above, give us reasons to want Democrats instead of just Bush bashing because most of the Bush bashing propaganda is just a bunch of half truths or blatant lies. I don't think the guys a great president at all but I can't stand the whole crap argument about how bad he is when he's just not. It's the flip side of conservatives bashing clinton, it's all half truths designed to support their boy. He's done some bad stuff but so did everyone before him. Carter was a retard, Regan dropped the ball on AIDS and pushed the defecit up, GB should have said screw the UN and pushed to Bagdhad the 1st time round, Clinton commited perjury and failed to take enough action against terrorism abroad leading to 9/11, etc., etc.

Tell me what Kerry might possabley do that's better then make me beliee it. Right now the republicans are on about how he's flip flopped on every issue to date acording to how the political wind blows. I can't refute it becuse the Democrats are too busy bashing bush to concentrate on getting Kerry's message out.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; March 31st, 2004 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    At this point "Stop Bush" is at the top of my list. 12 reasons for Kerry. the first really big one he is "He's not Bush"
    some others off the top of my head:
    How?
    2)will restore the ecomic policies of the 90's which gave us the best 10 years since the post ww2 boom
    How?
    3)will fund education
    How?
    How?
    How?
    Are you sure?
    How?
    How?
    How?
    How?
    I'll give you that, though I'm not sure it's true. :P
    Who would you rather have face one-on-one in a locked room with Bin Laden. Kerry the war hero or Bush the weekend flier who had "fun" while Kerry fought for his country in Viet Nam?
    Kerry spit on the American soldiers when he came back by painting the 'baby killer' picture in Senate hearings and Antiwar rallies.

You say how you liked all of Bush's policies before he got elected. You say that Kerry will do better, but you base everything on things he says he'll do, but you have no information to back up how all of the things you listed will be done or are even possible. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    How?
    How?
    3)will fund education
    How?
    How?
    How?
    Are you sure?
    How?
    How?
    How?
    How?
    I'll give you that, though I'm not sure it's true. :P
    Kerry spit on the American soldiers when he came back by painting the 'baby killer' picture in Senate hearings and Antiwar rallies.

You say how you liked all of Bush's policies before he got elected. You say that Kerry will do better, but you base everything on things he says he'll do, but you have no information to back up how all of the things you listed will be done or are even possible. What gives?

Exactily.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    Amen brother! And I don't know what Kerry did in Viet Nam to get the purple heart 3 times, but I know what he did here in the US, and it is despicable for him to ride the "Hero" train when he is worse then Jane Fonda, he is a fraud!