New Everquest patch updated video drivers

Thread: New Everquest patch updated video drivers

Thumbs down New Everquest patch updated video drivers

[B][FONT=Arial]Here's my problem if anyone can help. I play eq. They recently updated some things in the game. Alot of us had to download directx 9 <which I had long before it was required> and alot of us had to download new drivers for our video cards.
    On the knowledge base info for the main equest site it gives information about where to find the drivers needed for your specific card. I happen to have an older model Radeon 9200 that worked just fine till now. The problem then at hand is for the driver I am supposed to download and install which I have tried...tells me it's unsigned...it doesn't work with my dirx9 unless I only use 2d but I need 3d to play the game. any solutions on how to make an unsigned driver work compatibly with my card and dirx9. I use windows me if that information is needed.

Welcome to Windrivers, Fadyina!

For your video card, you could try the latest Catalyst drivers from www.atitech.com , or get the latest drivers from the manufacturer's site (some video cards don't work well with reference drivers).

As I recall, there has also been some problems associated with running DirectX 9 on Windows ME. I had troubles until I upgraded to Windows XP. Windows ME tends to be a problematic OS. Be sure you have all critical and recommended updates from the Windows Update site.

Almost forgot! Make sure you uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones; "driver cleaner" programs can help with this.

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

Been there done that....I did go to that site first I downloaded the particular drivers and went thru the uninstaller downloaded it uninstalled the current drivers and tried to install the new ones. That's where my problem is. I try to download and it says the drivers are unsigned....so I go to advanced mode override it and install them anyways. When I do this...my dx9 then says the they are unsigned drivers and they won't work so all that is available is 2D. I need 3D to make this game work. Is there a way to get around an unsigned driver and make it work?

After some digging around on the web, I found this article: http://windows.about.com/library/weekly/aa000827a.htm

It refers to Windows 2000, but I believe Windows ME should be similar. There were several components of Win2K incorporated into WinME. It sounds like your driver signing policy is set to "block" and you need it set to "ignore".

Hopefully this will help.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!