W2K call waiting on dialup connection

Thread: W2K call waiting on dialup connection

Question W2K call waiting on dialup connection

In Windows 2000, dialup connection, I am not able to get call waiting to work on a connection. I see in message rules where to disable it, and that box is not checked, but call waiting does not work. Earlier versions of Windows would pop a window telling you that you had another call and ask what you wanted to do with it, but that's not happening with W2K. Can't find anything on MS website.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Might help some if this were in modems or win2k section, tech tales is for funny tech stories
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Moved.
    kimmber do you know if you are using a default windows 2000 driver, or the correct driver for the modem?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by kimmber
    In Windows 2000, dialup connection, I am not able to get call waiting to work on a connection. I see in message rules where to disable it, and that box is not checked, but call waiting does not work. Earlier versions of Windows would pop a window telling you that you had another call and ask what you wanted to do with it, but that's not happening with W2K. Can't find anything on MS website.
    The ability to handle call waiting has never been built into windows. It is dependent on 1) the modem having the capability, and 2) the modem manufacturer's driver. Assuming that your modem previously had this capability, it is likely that you have installed the native windows driver for your modem. You would need to get a W2K driver from your modem manufacturer. If you post the make and model we can help you find it.
    Probability factor of one to one...we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.