Statistics-Just for the Record.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Statistics-Just for the Record.

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Statistics-Just for the Record.

We have had some lively debates the last few weeks about the economy. Just so we will have accurate statistics at our mouse click I researched these stats. All are from the U.S. Dept. of Labor except for the Dow Jones Industrial Average which I got from Yahoo.

Stock Market-Dow Jones Industrial average.

Clinton from day one til his last day.
    Jan20, 1992 3282
    Jan 18 1995 3928
    Jan 19 2000 11560

Bush from his first day til today
    Jan19 2000 11560
    April 1 2004 10373

Jobs created per month by President:
    Truman 1: 60,000
    Truman 2: 113,000
    Eisenhower 1: 58,000
    Eisenhower 2: 15,000
    Kennedy: 122,000
    Johnson: 206,000
    Nixon 1: 129,000
    Nixon/Ford: 105,000
    Carter: 218,000
    Reagan 1: 109,000
    Reagan 2: 224,000
    G. Bush: 52,000
    Clinton 1: 242,000
    Clinton 2: 235,000
    G. Bush JR. 69,000 jobs LOST

Unemployment rate:

Clinton years:
    1993 6.5
    1994 4.9
    1995 4.8
    1996 4.6
    1997 4.2
    1998 4.2
    1999 3.4

Bush years:
    2000 3.4
    2001 4.7
    2002 5.5
    2003 5.6

Just so we have our facts straight.

So one man is responsible for those statictis in each of those years? You are starting to get more and more like a DumbA$$ every day. Note how September 11th played a role in your list of statistics just for starters, then factor in the dot com bust...then come back to me with an explaination as to how that could be all Bushs fault.

And looking at your stats, look at the runaway economy from 95 to 2000 under Clinton. Again, prove to me what was going on was genuine economics, and not just people trying to get rich fast caring little of the consequences...

Quite frankly, with all that has happened over the past several years, I think the economy is doing remarkably better than I’d expect. I think that that is an accomplishment in itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    So one man is responsible for those statictis in each of those years? You are starting to get more and more like a DumbA$$ every day. Note how September 11th played a role in your list of statistics just for starters, then factor in the dot com bust...then come back to me with an explaination as to how that could be all Bushs fault.
    What did Bush do that no other President has done? He had the largest tax cut in history and it was the most weighted in favor of the wealthiest.
    As to 9-11 please note that other Presidents still managed to create new jobs during times of war. In fact going back to Truman the only President to lose jobs is Bush.
    See my post: It's not my fault.
    When a company president fails so miserably at running his company he is fired. But then again NOTHING is ever Bushes fault.
    UMMM. By the way Reagan created jobs even though he had the far larger Savings and Loan bust.
    I posted this so we would have FACTS to discuss.

EDIT:
    And looking at your stats, look at the runaway economy from 95 to 2000 under Clinton

Yeah I really got to hate a runaway economy that was creating too many jobs, increasing the stock market too much. Thank goodness Bush was around to put people out of work and crash the stock market.
    Last edited by techs; April 2nd, 2004 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by techs
    Yeah I really got to hate a runaway economy that was creating too many jobs, increasing the stock market too much. Thank goodness Bush was around to put people out of work and crash the stock market.
    Yeah, Bush did that all on his own, and on purpose too... you're a DumbA$$!

During times of war our industry was pumping out planes, tanks and trucks, boats, uniforms, and plenty of other things that the country had to make and pay for. Of course looking at the statistics there were new jobs created, think of the draft! There were millions of new jobs created within the military ranks during WWII. And I am sure taxes were through the roof!

The difference from then and now is very simple, We had a sense of strength, and our own shores (except Hawaii of course) were never under attack. Also, our dependency on commercial flights and corporate businesses was not nearly as potent as it is now.

Remember the days following the attacks? How many weeks it took to get the airlines back online, even weeks after, how many problems we had with security...the lack of confidence in the airlines had a ripple effect that destroyed several airlines, and many other dependant companies. The stock market was hurting already because the bubble had burst, then to lose so much financially in the attacks. A small backbone of our economy went down in flames with those towers Hell even building construction went way down, because no one wanted to spend any money.

Put into perspective Enron and the like with their internal corruption that bankrupted hundreds of thousands, again another huge ripple effect. Top that off with a growing competitiveness within corporations that only see dollar signs...outsourcing is a problem, and it is near impossible to stop without economic sanction, and tax breaks for corp’s that stay on our soil. Otherwise, it is the mighty dollar that is talking, this is not the Presidents fault.

You claim that the tax breaks were for the wealthy, well I got a substantial break and I am not wealthy. Also, I think we have had discussions about this in the past that the wealthy were being over taxed to begin with, hence the breaks.

An important note…since the breaks, look at corporate spending. It is through the roof, and in every IT magazine there is an article or two on the growth. Things are getting on track slowly, but surely. Those aren’t statistics, that is real life!

The rules of debates are

No Name Calling

Please try to remember that.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    The rules of debates are

No Name Calling

I am not calling him names. He is being a DumbA$$ with all of these recent posts. If there were one shred of truth to it I would respect his opinion, or if it was meant in jest, I would laugh and leave it at that. But as it stands, he is on the same track the Democratic candidate is on, that is the bash Bush campaign. This ain't gonna win an election...cause none of it is based on the whole picture...

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    The rules of debates are

No Name Calling

Two more things, since when in Windrivers have we followed that rule..? And what Dumb@$$ made that one up...?

Ok, really I understand, I didn't think I was being that off color, it is just one word...albeit, said several times. I will try and refrain if it is possible...

Two more things, since when in Windrivers have we followed that rule..? And what Dumb@$$ made that one up...?
    Oooo ! OOO ! OOOOOOO ! Ya_know you just called Aunty Noo names !!! Or Scott ..

& I hate to tell you .. negative campaigning does indeed work good ! Ask the conservatives here how we got 'Tony & his cronies' ..

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this since Techs will call it bulls#!+ propaganda swill put forth by the Evil Bush administration to sway votes in his favor to continue his master plan to singlehandedly ruin evey American and control the world like Aardvard Ratnick (Daffy Duck reference)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4652107/

I am not calling him names. He is being a DumbA$$ with all of these recent posts. If there were one shred of truth to it I would respect his opinion, or if it was meant in jest, I would laugh and leave it at that. But as it stands, he is on the same track the Democratic candidate is on, that is the bash Bush campaign. This ain't gonna win an election...cause none of it is based on the whole picture...
    The thing about bashing the Bush campaign is that it is so easy there is almost no challenge to it. He sets himself up so readilly. Let's get rid of him and get someone new in office to bash. Bush is boring.
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    The thing about bashing the Bush campaign is that it is so easy there is almost no challenge to it. He sets himself up so readilly. Let's get rid of him and get someone new in office to bash. Bush is boring.
    Your're setting yourself up for a whole new sort of name calling...You....Ok, i will refrain

I wonder if you actually have anything intelegent to add here, or are you really that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I'm not really sure why I'm posting this since Techs will call it bulls#!+ propaganda swill put forth by the Evil Bush administration to sway votes in his favor to continue his master plan to singlehandedly ruin evey American and control the world like Aardvard Ratnick (Daffy Duck reference)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4652107/
    I certainly hope things are getting better. I am concerned about this part of the article "as workers returned after a grocery store strike and construction hiring bounced back on better weather"
    I would be interested in seeing how much of that was due to the econmony or the strike ending and better weather.
    btw it still is just one month. Clinton averaged 235,000 a month. Bush had 308,000 for one month and the article seems to indicate there are two factors that won't be repeated.
    As to uninformed people like Ya-know who enter into political discussions without knowing the facts I will continue to post them and have relevant political discourse.
    All I can say to him would be that you really are not helping Bush by basically saying "nyah nyah".
    You have some facts post 'em.
    Last edited by techs; April 2nd, 2004 at 10:37 AM.

One thing your "statistics" don't take into account is 9/11
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Gollo
    One thing your "statistics" don't take into account is 9/11
    Yes, but they also don't take into account WW2, Korea, VietNam, Grenada, Panama, the oil embargo, etc. Our economy is very resilent. It takes a lot to derail it.