Wireless network card ?

Thread: Wireless network card ?

Wireless network card ?

Can anyone tell me which is the best range wireless network card ? I want to get it for my laptop. I want to the signal from my next door neighbour.

Welcome to Windrivers bma.

Range depends mostly on your environment, not on the card itself. Does your neighbour agree to you sharing? Does the terms of his isp allow this?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Right now i'm using dell's internal network card. I can detect a router near-by, but I only get 1MPS. I am wondering is there a network card where I can get the reception from that router that's near-by. If then I can use internet for free. I know it's not proper. But I will be saving CAN$50/month.

So you are asking how to steal from your neighbour?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Knotty knotty boy , Your neighbour may find your laptop in his netwworking places folder and plant a nasty file in there, I hope he has WEP enabled and the 128 bit encyption
    So you want to join the league of the hackers ?
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

Well. I didn't know that is hacking. Anyway I just want to help myself save some money. Right now I do have internet service at home. If I get a router, ppl. might steal using the internet from me anyway. But my main concern is I want to get a good range network card. Either I steal using others internet or not.

Stealing is not good or supported in these forums, We all pay for our internet service here
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

They will only steal from you if you do not setup your wireless correctly. It is up to you to make it secure. Every wireless access point comes with the tools to make it secure against your neighbours.

Granted there are some hackers out there that can get round that, but they are few and far between.

I want to know which is a good network card. That's all. Please don't change the topic !

review

We are not changing the topic. You were the one that wanted to steal from someone, but not allow others to steal from you.

Quote Originally Posted by bma
    I want to know which is a good network card. That's all. Please don't change the topic !
    There are many, many other ways to find this out. The board guidelines here are very explicit on the subject of helping people steal, be it music or bandwidth.

Noo Noo is obviously much nicer than I am, your hostility is certainly enough for me to wish you a not-so-pleasant day without answering your question.

Shal

Common sense, isn't...

why do you think that if you get a better wireless card you can run more bandwith. dont you know that his router most likley logs computers that access it. i know that if i look into my router it shows the devices connected to it. try this go to your neighbor and offer to share the cost or work a deal where he agrees to you using his bandwith. i know that i hide my ssid and set my wep to 128 bit to make it harder for people like you.