Ultimate Boot CD...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Boot CD...

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Ultimate Boot CD...

I just downloaded the image for the Ultimate Boot CD and burned it to a CD-RW. It's a good 'un.
    9 partition tools
    9 hard disk diagnosis tools, from all the major drive manufacturers
    4 memory test tools
    2 hard disk installation tools
    6 hard disk device management tools
    3 hard disk wiping tools
    2 hard disk cloning tools
    2 boot managers
    2 file managers
    3 NTFS tools
    3 DOS boot disks
    4 LINUX based rescue disks
    4 system information tools
    1 benchmarks, anti virus tools
    1 BIOS tools
    1 network tools

Clicky here to get it.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Yeah, I used that the other day to do a hdd diagnostic on a failing drive.

works great
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded

This a 'good un'

I (as usual) have a few 'minor bitches' like the included version of aida being 16 bit rather than also 32 bit, fprot as a DOS virus scanner is 'ace' but not always so if you have to run it via some ntfs to dos 'reader' ( I ain't fathomed how to get 'better' than this though - so just 'be aware') .. the benchmarkers not so hot (but which are !?!) & the 'biggie' no ntfs password 'resetter' (so edit: read a bit further on & you'll see, its no 'biggie' at all !) .. but of course you can 'add to this' yourself, a useful 'start' for any techies out there, but not for a beginner
    Last edited by confus-ed; April 9th, 2004 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    This a 'good un'

I (as usual) have a few 'minor bitches' . . . . & the 'biggie' no ntfs password 'resetter' .. but of course you can 'add to this' yourself,
    -ed,

this disk includes NT Offline Password and registry editor under filesystem (f2 on the main men) utilities, which I use all the time to reset local NT account passwords.

I like this disk a lot! I was thinking about trying to compile something like this just for hard drive diagnostics (I made one for partition magic, volume manager, and delpart) but wasn't sure how to begin . .. . . this little sucker saves me the work and add a lot of other cool tools I was using on single floppies anyway, so it's a big bonus!
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    -ed,

this disk includes NT Offline Password and registry editor under filesystem (f2 on the main men) utilities, which I use all the time to reset local NT account passwords.

I like this disk a lot! I was thinking about trying to compile something like this just for hard drive diagnostics (I made one for partition magic, volume manager, and delpart) but wasn't sure how to begin . .. . . this little sucker saves me the work and add a lot of other cool tools I was using on single floppies anyway, so it's a big bonus!
    Oh never saw that ! I had an older copy of this that someone asked me to evaluate, so I read the list & compared & then punted off memory .. so I withdraw my 'biggie' then . Ta !

But I'm 'in' for group projects on how to make useful tools, how easy will that make things around here ? Go get Kato's marvelous thingee to fix it, press that & it'll do this .. etc - we need to make use of the 'stickies feature' of the board especially in this forum to make some good threads (by just continually editing the top post, but we need someone to volunteer for hosting the tools & images for any 'destructions' or its lots of work for no reward).

But I'm 'in' for group projects on how to make useful tools, how easy will that make things around here ? Go get Kato's marvelous thingee to fix it, press that & it'll do this .. etc - we need to make use of the 'stickies feature' of the board especially in this forum to make some good threads (by just continually editing the top post, but we need someone to volunteer for hosting the tools & images for any 'destructions' or its lots of work for no reward).
    that's a great idea.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

Thanks M.K.

Spring arrive yet?
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob
    Thanks M.K.

Spring arrive yet?
    Been in the 50°F's here the last several days. I actually see grass in my front yard!!!

Even up at work it's in the low 40°F's!
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.

Thanks.
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

...But I'm 'in' for group projects on how to make useful tools, how easy will that make things around here ? Go get Kato's marvelous thingee to fix it, press that & it'll do this .. etc - we need to make use of the 'stickies feature' of the board especially in this forum to make some good threads (by just continually editing the top post, but we need someone to volunteer for hosting the tools & images for any 'destructions' or its lots of work for no reward).
    That is just about the best idea I've seen in here!

Let's make a list of tools/utilities in this thread and then vote on which ones to "publicly" host.

Here are some ideas for resetting Windows admin passwords on a local PC:
    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD - Part of UBCD already

Tested on: NT 3.51, NT 4, Windows 2000 (except datacenter?), Windows XP (all versions), Window Server 2003 (at least Enterprise).

John the Ripper
    Many flavors of *nix, DOS, Win32 (Windows NT/2000/XP LM hashes), BeOS, and OpenVMS are supported.
    John the Ripper 1.6 (Unix - sources, 486 KB)
    John the Ripper 1.6 (DOS - binaries, 693 KB)
    John the Ripper 1.6 (Win32 - binaries, 763 KB)
    Emergency Boot CD (EBCD Pro downloads here)

• Perform emergency boot of Windows NT / 2000 / XP. When the loader of this OS on the hard disk is damaged or misconfigured, you are able to load OS using another, standalone loader from this CD.
    • Recover master boot record of HDD. This allows to boot OS after incorrect uninstallation of custom loader (LILO, for example), which made all OS on your PC not bootable.
    • Delete, move, copy to file (image) and re-create partition from file. Image transfer over network is also supported: so you may configure one PC and then make contents of hard disks of other PCs same as contents of the hard disk of the first one.
    • Change password of any user, including administrator of Windows NT/2000/XP OS. You do not need to know the old password.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    That is just about the best idea I've seen in here!

Let's make a list of tools/utilities in this thread and then vote on which ones to "publicly" host...
    Me & my big mouth ... so I'm committed to taking this seriously now am I ? okay then ..

But before we go around doing loads of 'work', how's voting gonna pan out ? I think the only way is if they are clean threads & whoever 'owns' the top one does the editing by 'concensus' .. ?

Any better ideas, I'm not wanting to have a meeting about the meeting, but some forethought or shall we just let it evolve ? & then get Noo to edit it all up, or someone could just cut & paste the whole lot in ... now I'm just getting confus-ed & rambling - but a plan first methinks ..

& who the hells doing the hosting ? volunteers please ..

Hmmm isos need a big fat pipe. Not many of those around.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Would dinner and drinks be involved? Or are you looking strictly at pipe size???" I so need a big fat pipe. Not many of those around."

Perhaps one of these would help:

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Yeah but we are talking what? 10-20mb here? Shoot get a bunch of us hosting off of our broadband and create a "mirror" list and we should be golden. Also you could submit it to sourcforge and they could host it.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert