Win2K Pro and Office2K

Thread: Win2K Pro and Office2K

Win2K Pro and Office2K

Hello all,

Got a quick question that someone will hopefully have an answer for.

At work I have created W2K Pro install CD, works great after a lot of trial and error. Now boss says "can we get Office on there too?"

So, I go slipstream O2K SR1 and the install is about 500M. Add that to the almost 300M of stuff for W2K, no way I can get it on one CD. Does anyone know how I can slim down O2K some so I can get both of them on the same CD?

My original suggestion for a workaround was to do the W2K and then do the O2K over the network, but boss nixed that idea for some reason. (The reason I got was "I don't want to do it that way.") Boss is a nice guy but can be a little .... ummm .... stubborn, yeah, that is it, stubborn at times. ;-)

Anyway, any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Jim

Welcome to Windrivers Jimjx

There is a fair bit of ancillary stuff you can lose in a win2k install cd, same for office. 800mb however, does go on a single cd, if you buy the right media.

have you seen this?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Why not just use 2 CD's ?
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

Quote Originally Posted by edball
    Why not just use 2 CD's ?
    If it's on one he can make multiple copies and do multiple installs at once unattended.

Shoot though if you could setup a network boot server with the image on it you could use those fancy network cards your systems have to boot from the network with NO media.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

We install office via a group policy...works pretty slick...too bad you can't get him to go the over the network route.....