EZ Armor

Thread: EZ Armor

In one of the really, really Blue states.

EZ Armor

I finally received my Windows Security Update package from Microsoft. It has the separate cd for ez armor suite. There is no readme on the disk. Since I already have Norton AV installed I can't get it to go to the eula screen. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can distribute this to my customers as long as I don't charge them. If I can I will go ahead and try it on a test bed. Otherwise I don't think I will.
    Anyone know?

CA is giving EzArmor free to microsoft customers with a 1 year subscription to updates. You would have to check the license agreement but I suspect that you can not distribute it. All your customers (or you) have to do is go here http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/ and sign up. They will email the Key to you. It is also limited to 1 per household.

Agreed Sandman
    You can give it away all you like but each copy has to be registered and emailled a key and they wont issue a second key to the same email address
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

In one of the really, really Blue states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    Agreed Sandman
    You can give it away all you like but each copy has to be registered and emailled a key and they wont issue a second key to the same email address
    So I can give it away, the person just has to register to get the key.
    that sounds ok by me.

That's what I did this weekend - gave it away.

The user was quite happy at the GUI and features offered in this "lite" (LE) version. We installed both the AV and firewall on WinXP Pro SP1. No problems.

I can't wait to see how it performs in the long run, but he's already mentioned wanting to swith to the full version already.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

MS Security CD

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    That's what I did this weekend - gave it away.

The user was quite happy at the GUI and features offered in this "lite" (LE) version. We installed both the AV and firewall on WinXP Pro SP1. No problems.

I can't wait to see how it performs in the long run, but he's already mentioned wanting to switch to the full version already.
    I've had my copy for a few weeks - its a life-saver for me who deals mostly with dial up customers. It installs all Critical Patches, as well as updating IE and Media Player. It also includes DX9, but this is not a standard install, you'll have to explore the CD to find it.

The EZ Armor suite included is the LE version -whereas if you download it from the net, you get the full version free for a year. I found it didnt need a Key to activate the LE version, by the way. I would recommend going for the net download. I keep a copy of the install file on my CF drive, and just sign the customer up for it, then use the key to authorise the install.

The AV application is pretty good, although the update downloads are usually around a Meg each time. The opinion of customers on dial-up is that this is too large a file to download, but is fine for people with broadband.

The firewall in the full version is essentially Zone Alarm Pro which has been rebadged. Works a treat for me. The LE version I would imagine is the standard free Zonealarm.

Gav

How does one go about obtaining a copy of EZ Armor?
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

EZ Armor

Quote Originally Posted by xschmittyx
    Here's a link;

EZArmor signup

Click the links, sign up, wait for email, download from the link, install, enter key, and away you go!!!!!!!!

Gav

Quote Originally Posted by xschmittyx
    You can also get the LE version with the Microsoft Security Guidance Kit CD v1.0 (free)
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams