Trojans

Thread: Trojans

Unhappy Trojans

How can I get rid of a Trojan when McAfee is telling me that the disk is write protected? windows\restoretemp\A001942.cpy is where its at. I cant delete quarantene or clean it

Quote Originally Posted by JeriJeri31
    How can I get rid of a Trojan when McAfee is telling me that the disk is write protected? windows\restoretemp\A001942.cpy is where its at. I cant delete quarantene or clean it
    First, how do you know its a trojan?
    Second, is the "disk is write protected" message when you try to delete that file on your C drive?

Third, here is some 30-day freeware you might want to try.

http://www.adwarecops.com/?ad=google
    Bouncy Bouncy

McAfee is reporting the infection as a Trojan calling it AdClicker-O. I believe the file infected is a backup copy. McAfee also warns that "disk is right-protected". I can delete the file but I am unsure about doing it. All this info is coming from McAfee VirusScan through AOL.

its because the file is in restore. Thats a protected area of your harddrive whick holds the restore points. Best way to fix it is go to my computer,right click it,choose properties. Then tab at the top, system restore
    Shut it off and then reboot run the scan and then whn all is clean reboot and re enable it so tht you have system restore back
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    its because the file is in restore. Thats a protected area of your harddrive whick holds the restore points. Best way to fix it is go to my computer,right click it,choose properties. Then tab at the top, system restore
    Shut it off and then reboot run the scan and then whn all is clean reboot and re enable it so tht you have system restore back
    Well I did what you recommended and when I did another scan with the system restore shut off the scan did not read that there was an infection. Is it ok to delete the file RESTORE\TEMP\A001942.CPY? Thats where the infection lies.

Shouldnt really need to. When you shut off system restore and reboot it deletes all the restore files which that one is part of so its already done for you
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html