Groupwise Questions

Thread: Groupwise Questions

Groupwise Questions

Ok well the hospital I do helpdesk for uses Groupwise and I'm not real familiar with it. I had a couple questions about archiving. I was wondering if say you are archiving to a folder and you wanted to change that folder does it auto archive to that new folder or do you have to switch all of the mail over to the new folder. Also I was wondering if there was a different way then going to File -> Environment Diag Box to see the directory that your mail is archiving too. Hope I didn't botch these questions up too much. Any info would help.

Thanks, Holly

Quote Originally Posted by hbrittain
    Ok well the hospital I do helpdesk for uses Groupwise and I'm not real familiar with it. I had a couple questions about archiving. I was wondering if say you are archiving to a folder and you wanted to change that folder does it auto archive to that new folder or do you have to switch all of the mail over to the new folder. Also I was wondering if there was a different way then going to File -> Environment Diag Box to see the directory that your mail is archiving too. Hope I didn't botch these questions up too much. Any info would help.

Thanks, Holly
    As far as I know, "Tools | Options | Environment" is the simplest way to see the archive path. Auto-archiving should catch folder changes too.

aaron

EDIT: Oops. I assumed that when Holly said "File -> Environment" she mean "Tools | Options | Environment". My bad.
    Last edited by PrDeltoid; April 14th, 2004 at 10:01 AM.

Thumbs up

Awesome thanks for the info.

The only way I know of to see what directory you are archiving to is to go Tools>options>Environment>File location I can not go to File>Environment. What Version of GW are you using? To set up auto archiving: Click Tools > Options. Double-click Environment > click the Cleanup tab. Select Auto-Archive After for the item type you want. Specify the number of days after the item is delivered or completed that you want it to be archived. Click OK. Note If your system administrator has specified that items are automatically archived on a regular basis, you may not be able to change this option. You should not have a problem with changing your location of your archive directory but you will have to use the directory name that GW gives you because it uses your FID this is why you can not use personalized names. Hope this helps.
    Growing up I've spent half of my money on Fast cars, fast women and Booze the other half I just wasted!