someone to fix my comp
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: someone to fix my comp

Angry someone to fix my comp

i keep having problems with my darn comp! i dont do changes, and on any given day i start having problems, modem not recognised, bsod, comp freezes, etc. i am a novice, and i am about to run over my comp with my 3-ton truck. i do have norton, sygate firewall,. here are some specs: ecs p4vaxds2+. geforce mx 420,seagate 120gb hd i only use this lame excuse of a comp for internet, nothing else. in the event viewer, i rack up a lot, i mean alot of logs! CAN SOMONE WITH ALOT OF POSTS USE THAT REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO GO INTO MY COMP TO SEE WHAT THE HE** IS GOING ON!!?? I CAN PAY SOME!

Quote Originally Posted by sc2dave
    CAN SOMONE WITH ALOT OF POSTS USE THAT REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO GO INTO MY COMP TO SEE WHAT THE HE** IS GOING ON!!?? I CAN PAY SOME!
    Why do they have to have a lot of posts? Are you assuming if they have a lot of posts they must be qualified?

What if they just like to crap on a lot

Seriously though, you shouldnt have trouble finding someone here who could help out via remote assist. I had similar problems with my computer and it turned out to be leaking capacitors. I noticed that they were bulging on top so replaced them and it solved the problem.
    However there are lots of other things it could be.

cant u just take it to a pc repair shop?

Remote assistance won't help if you are getting blue screens. As far as most posts...Cleetus has a ton. But since he's on hiatus, self induced, I don’t think you are going to be getting any help from him…

i keep having problems with my darn comp! i dont do changes, and on any given day i start having problems, modem not recognised, bsod, comp freezes, etc. i am a novice, and i am about to run over my comp with my 3-ton truck. i do have norton, sygate firewall,. here are some specs: ecs p4vaxds2+. geforce mx 420,seagate 120gb hd i only use this lame excuse of a comp for internet, nothing else. in the event viewer, i rack up a lot, i mean alot of logs! CAN SOMONE WITH ALOT OF POSTS USE THAT REMOTE ASSISTANCE TO GO INTO MY COMP TO SEE WHAT THE HE** IS GOING ON!!?? I CAN PAY SOME!
    ecs p4vaxds2+.<---ECS Problem NO 1
    Oh and I dont have enuff posts to do remote assistance
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

I don't have enough posts to do remote assistance either but I am willing to travel. You pay all travel costs and a modest hourly fee that starts as soon as i walk out my door

I dont have a lot of posts, but I am a very experienced tech (usually too busy to post) and i do a LOT of remote diagtnostics. Feel free to email me, and maybe i can take a look at your system.
    Email me at mycomputerguy (NOSPAM) at idohousecalls dot com
    Joe
    Last edited by joelen; April 14th, 2004 at 11:06 AM.
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

I'm gonna go with PSU or memory. if it is the psu the mobo might be giving errors and might even be bad itself.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by joelen
    I dont have a lot of posts, but I am a very experienced tech (usually too busy to post) and i do a LOT of remote diagtnostics. Feel free to email me, and maybe i can take a look at your system.
    Email me at removed to protect the innocent

Joe
    Would it be alright if I signed you up for some spam....

Perhaps you should PM the dude in stead of posting your email. I suggest you get in and edit your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya_know
    Would it be alright if I signed you up for some spam....

Perhaps you should PM the dude in stead of posting your email. I suggest you get in and edit your post.

duh!

I posted that, meant to go RIGHT back and edit it- then got some phone calls and never got to it-- thanks for reminging me!
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Quote Originally Posted by joelen
    duh!

I posted that, meant to go RIGHT back and edit it- then got some phone calls and never got to it-- thanks for reminging me!
    Ok, so you took it apart so it can't be linked, but you still have all the content of the address in the post. What was the use in that?

SO what kind of wild Event log messages are you getting?
    Vote DrewmazTech for President!

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

bsod

alright, so it doesn't have to be alot of posts,just thought it would be better, since someone that knows alot might have alot more posts because thay answer alot of questions. in the event viewer , i get alot of service control manager, with codes of 7033, 7034 , 7035,7036. the last bsod i got was "for any windows updates you might need. run the driver verifier against any new or suspect drivers. both of these features are intended to catch the corruption at an earlier period. where the offending driver can be identified." how do you run the "driver verifier"?

Have you tested the memory at all ?
    You say you have norton and sygate. Does this mean you have 2 firewalls?
    Or is the norton AV and sygate firewall?
    Last edited by Ferrit; April 14th, 2004 at 10:41 PM.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Well I have the most posts, so I am the most qualified...

sc2dave, I am puzzled, if you are prepared to pay for service, why not just phone your local computer shop?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."