Downgrade rights for Norton AntiVirus?

Thread: Downgrade rights for Norton AntiVirus?

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Downgrade rights for Norton AntiVirus?

I want to give people Norton 2003 instead of 2004. Anyone know if I sell them a 2004 can I install 2003? I know MS allows it with Windows.

Been to Symantec's site?

Poke around here for awhile if you haven't already...

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/ent...rtificate.html

Why not just sell them 2003? You can get OEM cd's for 2003 for around $10 at most online e-tailers, 2004 is usully $25 or more...
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Quote Originally Posted by joelen
    Why not just sell them 2003? You can get OEM cd's for 2003 for around $10 at most online e-tailers, 2004 is usully $25 or more...

that was my thought as well......I'm not sure how the subscriptions would work installing 2003 from one or a few common copies. you can still get 2003 so why not just stock up on it . . . . . if you or your company can afford to.
    Nonsense prevails, modesty fails
    Grace and virtue turn into stupidity - E. Costello

If you can get 2003, then do so...much less headache!!! 2003 doesn't have any specific identifiers in regards to the updates/subscription, so you can use a single CD to install on a billion computers...as long as you sell them a copy of course. I have NAV 2003 on my tech CD, and if a customer purchases it, I give them a CD and then install from my tech CD...easier for me that way at least. Out of the box NAV 2003 give you one year of updates.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheWayBoy
    If you can get 2003, then do so...much less headache!!! 2003 doesn't have any specific identifiers in regards to the updates/subscription, so you can use a single CD to install on a billion computers...as long as you sell them a copy of course. I have NAV 2003 on my tech CD, and if a customer purchases it, I give them a CD and then install from my tech CD...easier for me that way at least. Out of the box NAV 2003 give you one year of updates.

Not to mention that its not as slow as hell like 2004 is
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Quote Originally Posted by kato2274
    that was my thought as well......I'm not sure how the subscriptions would work installing 2003 from one or a few common copies. you can still get 2003 so why not just stock up on it . . . . . if you or your company can afford to.
    Yes,buy them would be preferred but I can't find them from a reputable company with the included one year of updates.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...108-117&depa=0

It's SystemWorks 2003, but same idea as my last post still applies cause it has NAV 2003 along with the other crap...you gotta buy this with hardware it says, but last time I ordered like 10 of them and just got a modem and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheWayBoy
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...108-117&depa=0

It's SystemWorks 2003, but same idea as my last post still applies cause it has NAV 2003 along with the other crap...you gotta buy this with hardware it says, but last time I ordered like 10 of them and just got a modem and it worked.
    I suppose I could just start ordering them with every hardware purchase. I buy a lot from Newegg so thats no problem. However I don't think you can just install the Antivirus alone on Systemworks 2003 and I wouldn't want to punish my customers by installing SystemWorks. I would like to keep my good rep.