HP Designjet 755CM Plotter

Thread: HP Designjet 755CM Plotter

Question HP Designjet 755CM Plotter

I replaced the Pen Carriage, Trailing Cable, and Carriage Belt on this HP 755CM Plotter. HP Advised me that this was the best thing to do because of a constant Black Ink Cartridge error message which could not be resolved doing the normal fix.

Anyway, after replacing all of the above, I am now getting this error message displayed in the LED Readout Display
    "System Error" and then on the next line underneath...
    "06030A 0018048B"

So I called HP and reported this error message to the tech and he said "This is a normal error message after those parts are replaced, but I will need you're Tech ID to tell you what to do!"

I told him I do not havea HP Tech ID, and he replied well I will need it, otherwise I cannot give you the fix.

I figure there is some kind of pressing of the buttons on the control panel to reset the Plotter system, and clear this error message.

Does anyone know what it is?
    What's the fix for this folks?

Thanks!

So lets get this straight, you changed a bunch of things because HP told you to, then when the printer errored they wouldn't give you the fix?

So they were happy for you to change all this stuff with out being an HP tech?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

This error says "mark position not found". Hitting enter should make it go away, and you probably can plot ok. What this is, though, on the left end of the capstan roller (big black roller)there is a white plastic piece attached to the roller. There is a slot in the middle, and this is the mark it is looking for. If the white end is dirty, clean it. You can also cut a piece of white label, and place it on the end of the plastic piece. With a felt tip pen, draw a line where the slot in the plastic piece is. This will make the mark much more visible. Actually HP has a label already made for this. In Service Tests, you can run Test 23 - Mark position. If it passes, you are all set. If it fails, run the Line sensor test, 2C, then run 23 again.

To run test #23:
    1. Press down arror button until you come to Utilities. Then press Enter
    2. Cont. panel should show Menu=full
    3. Press up arrow and Enter at the same time. This gets you into the tests.
    4. Go down to #23 and press Enter, and this will start the test.

Another test:
    Test the Line Sensor
    In the Service Test submenu, scroll to 18 Edge Detect and press ENTER.
    The Y Phys Pos = ##### / Sensor Reads = ### message is displayed.
    Use the UP arrow to move the Carriage to the left and the DOWN arrow to move the Carriage to the right.
    If the value (###) of Sensor Reads is less than 100 when passing over the Drive Roller then the Line sensor has passed the test.
    If the value (###) of Sensor Reads is more than 110 when passing over the Media that is loaded then the Line sensor has passed the test. If both Sensor Reads are within range, perform a Drop Detect, Line Sensor and Accuracy calibration as described below. Following calibrations, power cycle the printer and attempt to verify functionality.
    If the value (###) of Sensor Reads is not within the above required ranges the Line sensor has failed the test.
    If the Line sensor fails test, or problems persist, continue with cleaning the Drive roller.

Clean the Drive roller

In the Service Tests submenu, scroll to 1C Drop Detect Cal and press ENTER.

In the Service Test submenu, scroll to 2C Line sensor cal, and press ENTER.

[QUOTE=Damned Angel]This error says "mark position not found". Hitting enter should make it go away, and you probably can plot ok. What this is, though, on the left end of the capstan roller (big black roller)there is a white plastic piece attached to the roller. There is a slot in the middle, and this is the mark it is looking for. If the white end is dirty, clean it. You can also cut a piece of white label, and place it on the end of the plastic piece. With a felt tip pen, draw a line where the slot in the plastic piece is. This will make the mark much more visible. Actually HP has a label already made for this. In Service Tests, you can run Test 23 - Mark position. If it passes, you are all set. If it fails, run the Line sensor test, 2C, then run 23 again.

Thanks a million for all you're Input Damned Angel. I really appreciate it.

Just one thing...(and I have tried all the instructions in you're reply...all work exactly as you state)...I was just wondering, how can I get that White PlastiC piece, to be showing fully so that I can clean it. After trying the tests described, I did have the opportunity to clean it, as it was showing clearly, and had what appeared to be an empty small blue circle on the tip. I tried to clean it but need to get at it again.

So basically, how can I get that Big Black Roller to turn so that I can see the blessed white plastic piece thing at the tip again?

Fair play to ya for all the help, and the best of luck!!

I would just run a test again, wait until it moves into a position that you can see it, then pull the power on the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Angel
    I would just run a test again, wait until it moves into a position that you can see it, then pull the power on the unit.
    Thanks! I actually called back HP and they told me to run the 22 Test.
    This brought up the white Plastic deal so I could clean it.

Hey and you will laugh at this...the Pen Carriage Light Sensor piece, on the Carriage Tray came off as it whizzed back to the left on the first pass.

I re-attached it several times.
    It seems that they sent me out a bad Carriage Tray. So HP Tech says.
    (I noticed the Pen Carriage Light Sensor piece was slightly askew and not fitting in correctly earlier, and re-clipped it back in) So then after doing that the blooming thing now keeps coming off after the first pass back to the left. Its hitting something over on the right when it whizzes back for the first time. Whoever fitted it in the first place may have deliberately set it (am I paranoid) so that it would stay in and work, but when correctly clipped in, would hit the Black Roller I believe on the passback and come off.

Now will need to get another Carriage Tray from HP.

Life's a bitch

Thanks for all you're help!!

Will post back here and give result after fitting the new Carriage Tray.

Slan Leat
    Cheers

Get the part yet?

Replacement Carriage Tray

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Angel
    Get the part yet?
    It's supposed to arrive on the 10th of May.
    On back order according to HP.
    I read on the box that the part is made in Hungary.

If I cannot get the Plotter to work, then I will be forced to tell our guys..."hey its time to spend some money and get the nearest HP Authorized people to come in and fix the bastard".

Heheh!!

Hey Damned Angel...have a good week-end.
    Will reply on the 11th or 12th of May or soon thereafter with more news.

See ya, and thanks for all the help again.

Thumbs up Carriage Ttray

Hey Damned Angel.

I got the replacement Carriage Tray from HP after a two month wait and the Plotter is now working again.

Thanks for all you're help and very helpful advice!

Best of luck to you!