Calender Sharing

Thread: Calender Sharing

Calender Sharing

I have a client witha network of about 15 users that would like to share calenders without setting up an Exchange server.

I did some searching and found a few things, but its hard to tell whats good or bad. A webbased calender would be ok.

I found this:

http://www.myevents.com/Login.asp?R=

It looks promising, but I don't want to recommend something I know nothing about.

Anyone know of a good solution?
    Indeterminism. There's nothing you can do about it.

Hey Jimm,

I had this problem at my old job last year. Never found an ideal solution that suited everybody because everyone wanted something different and the company didn't want to spend out lots of money, (which is what all the best calender software requires)!! All our group of about 20 was spread accross the UK in different offices too, with some remote sites having no direct link to our main systems.

My solution was to set up everyone with a web based yahoo account, which offers free web based calenders. These can be shared with other users and other users can be given privelages to change your calender if required. You can see everyone elses calenders. All it needs is a bit of discipline from each user to keep theirs updated, which is where my plan fell down. Still, it might suit you for a very cheap solution.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Quote Originally Posted by jimmm33
    I have a client witha network of about 15 users that would like to share calenders without setting up an Exchange server.

I did some searching and found a few things, but its hard to tell whats good or bad. A webbased calender would be ok.

I found this:

http://www.myevents.com/Login.asp?R=

It looks promising, but I don't want to recommend something I know nothing about.

Anyone know of a good solution?

There are a number of Groupware type products, some are just calendars, available for linux. Although it's not my specialty. This site lets you try out demos of the more popular ones (Among other types of web based software) http://opensourcecms.com/index.php