Hi,

I have a new USB Maxtor 160 MB Drive I attached to an older Server running Windows 2000 Server SP 4, I bought a new Belkin USB 2.0 5 Port PCI Card an put it into the system, I installed the driver and it happily comes up. In Device Manager, I can see the two sets of devices called Universal Serial Bus controllers. The second of this shows the Belkin USB 2.0 High Speed Host Controller and under it, USB 2.0 Root Hub Device.

On the first I have two listings of NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller, then I see USB Mass Storage Device, then two listing for USB Root Hub.

The Mass Storage Device shows up under the NEC Controller, which is the existing controller built into the mother board.

I have gone into the Bios and disabled he USB Controller, to no avail. I cannot get the USB Mass Storage Device to hook up to the 2.0 hub, and yes I have it hooked into the 5 port PCI device.

I have tried disabling and uninstalling the USB controller drivers from the 1.1 Controller in the device manager, but the system always reinstalls in on reboot. Maxtor appears not to have a drivers specifially for Windows 2.0.

I can still copy stuff but it is unbelievably slow. I have a 28 gig set of files I need to mover there on a regular basis. On 1.1 it takes ±5 hours.

BTW, I have tested this drive on a newer system with onboard 2.0 ports and it flys.